Amerks Recall Pair from Cyclones
(Rochester, NY) - Rochester Americans General Manager Randy Sexton announced today that the team has recalled forward Judd Peterson and defensemen Kurt Gosselin from the Cincinnati Cyclones.
Peterson, 24, earns his second recall of the season after notching 28 points (11+17) in 48 games with the Cyclones this season. The 6-foot-0, 193-pound forward made his Amerks season debut in January, scoring his first AHL goal over a two-game stint with Rochester.
In four career games with Rochester, Peterson has one goal and six shots.
Prior to turning pro, Peterson concluded a four-year collegiate career at St. Cloud State University (NCHC), where he finished with 65 points (37+28) in 151 games with the Huskies. During the 2017-18 season, Peterson scored six goals and added a career-high 12 assists in 40 games while helping the team to an NCHC championship as well as an appearance in the NCAA tournament. Peterson served as one of two team captains and was named a finalist for the 2018 Senior CLASS Award.
Peterson was originally drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the seventh round (204th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft.
Gosselin, 24, joins the Amerks after posting seven points (5+2) in seven games since joining the Cyclones last month to start his professional career. After scoring his first goal in his professional debut with Cincinnati on March 13, the Brighton, Mich., native totaled five points (3+2) over a three-game point streak before scoring again in his most recent appearance with Cincinnati on March 24.
Prior to turning pro, Gosselin recently completed his senior season at the University of Alabama-Huntsville (WCAA), recording 15 points (4+11) in 25 games for the Chargers while serving as team captain. In four years with the University of Alabama-Huntsville, he amassed 58 points (20+58) over 118 career games.
Individual game tickets for the 2018-19 season start at just $14. Amerks 2019-20 Season Ticket Memberships, which start as low as just $14 per game, are on-sale now. Full-season ticket member benefits include, but are not limited to, Riverside Club VIP Room access with Amerks Alumni, family meet and greet and annual Skate with the Players event, an exclusive preseason Ice Breaker Party and much more. For more information, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
Images from this story
Rochester Americans forward Judd Peterson
Defenseman Kurt Gosselin with the Cincinnati Cyclones
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2019
- Week 25 Report: Hogs Win 1 of 3 in Tight Divisional Race - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Insider: Playoff Clincher Nears - Chicago Wolves
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Goaltender Olle Eriksson Ek to San Diego Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Lashoff Returns to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lewis Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Defender Jonas Siegenthaler Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Krys, Assign Him to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- First Place Condors Home Wednesday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Recall Pair from Cyclones - Rochester Americans
- Beaudin, Falk, Reflect on CHL Championships - Belleville Senators
- WWE Hall of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat to Attend Syracuse Crunch Game April 12 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Release Goaltender Byron Spriggs - Manitoba Moose
- Dansk Earns AHL Player of the Week Honor - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 25-31 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Chicago's Oscar Dansk Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Greg Chase Signed to PTO, Drew Melanson Returned to Maine of ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - Ontario Reign
- Dallas Stars Sign Goaltender Jake Oettinger to Three-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - AHL
- Tyler Lewington Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Watson, Salomaki Assigned to Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Set for Final Three Weeks - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Strike in Final Seconds to Secure 2-1 Win, Weekend Sweep - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.