Chicago's Oscar Dansk Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
March 25, 2019 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
?SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Chicago Wolves goaltender Oscar Dansk has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending March 24, 2019.
Dansk allowed only two goals on 84 shots in three starts on the road last week, going 2-0-1 with a 0.65 goals-against average and a .976 save percentage for the Wolves.
Dansk made 28 saves in a 2-1 shootout loss at Rockford on Wednesday evening, then stopped 23 shots as Chicago picked up a 4-1 win at Texas on Friday. He finished the week by posting a 31-save effort and his second shutout of the season, backstopping the Wolves to a 5-0 victory at San Antonio and keeping Chicago atop the Central Division.
In 35 appearances with the Wolves this season, Dansk has a record of 22-9-4 with a 2.52 GAA and a .908 save percentage. The 25-year-old native of Stockholm, Sweden, has played 76 career AHL games with Chicago and Springfield and has gone 42-19-13 with a 2.78 GAA, a .903 save percentage and three shutouts. Originally a second-round pick (31st overall) by Columbus in the 2012 NHL Draft, Dansk signed as a free agent with Vegas on July 3, 2017, and made his NHL debut with the Golden Knights last season, going 3-0-0 (1.78, .946) with one shutout in four outings.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Dansk will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Wolves home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2019
- Week 25 Report: Hogs Win 1 of 3 in Tight Divisional Race - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Insider: Playoff Clincher Nears - Chicago Wolves
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Goaltender Olle Eriksson Ek to San Diego Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Lashoff Returns to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lewis Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Defender Jonas Siegenthaler Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Krys, Assign Him to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- First Place Condors Home Wednesday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Recall Pair from Cyclones - Rochester Americans
- Beaudin, Falk, Reflect on CHL Championships - Belleville Senators
- WWE Hall of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat to Attend Syracuse Crunch Game April 12 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Release Goaltender Byron Spriggs - Manitoba Moose
- Dansk Earns AHL Player of the Week Honor - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 25-31 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Chicago's Oscar Dansk Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Greg Chase Signed to PTO, Drew Melanson Returned to Maine of ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - Ontario Reign
- Dallas Stars Sign Goaltender Jake Oettinger to Three-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - AHL
- Tyler Lewington Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Watson, Salomaki Assigned to Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Set for Final Three Weeks - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Strike in Final Seconds to Secure 2-1 Win, Weekend Sweep - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.