Greg Chase Signed to PTO, Drew Melanson Returned to Maine of ECHL
HARTFORD: Hartford Wolf Pack general manager Chris Drury announced today that the Wolf Pack has signed forward Greg Chase to a Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement and has returned forward Drew Melanson to its ECHL affiliate, the Maine Mariners.
This is the second stint on the Wolf Pack roster for Chase, 24, a fourth-year pro out of the Western Hockey League. He logged three games on an earlier PTO, going scoreless with one shot on goal. In 59 ECHL games this season with the Mariners, Wichita Thunder and the Allen Americans, Chase has scored 22 goals, and added 23 assists for 45 points, while serving 83 minutes in penalties. Those numbers are good for first in goals, third in points and second in PIM on the Maine club, for which Chase has played 36 games, notching 20 goals and 16 assists for 36 points, with 52 PIM.
A seventh-round draft pick (188th overall) by the Edmonton Oilers in 2013, Chase has logged a total of 100 AHL games in his career, with the Wolf Pack, Oklahoma City Barons, Bakersfield Condors and Springfield Thunderbirds, tallying seven goals and 20 assists for 27 points and amassing 55 penalty minutes. In 119 career ECHL contests with the Mariners, Thunder, Americans and Norfolk Admirals, the 6-0, 190-pound Edmonton, Alberta native has totaled 47 goals and 52 assists for 99 points, as well as 139 PIM.
Melanson has one goal, four penalty minutes and nine shots on goal in ten games with the Wolf Pack. In 45 games with the Mariners, the rookie out of Boston University has 12 goals and 17 assists for 29 points.
The Wolf Pack's next game is on home ice at the XL Center this Friday, March 29, against the Charlotte Checkers. Faceoff is 7:15 PM, and, as at all Friday-night Wolf Pack home games, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs, and $2 beers and fountain sodas, through the start of the second period, presented by Nomads Adventure Quest.
Tickets for all 2018-19 Wolf Pack home games are on sale now at the Agera Energy Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger start at just $13 each, and all tickets will have a $3 day-of-game increase.
Season ticket information for the Wolf Pack's 2018-19 AHL season can be found on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com. To speak with a representative about all of the Wolf Pack's many attractive ticketing options, call (855) 762-6451.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2019
- Week 25 Report: Hogs Win 1 of 3 in Tight Divisional Race - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Insider: Playoff Clincher Nears - Chicago Wolves
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Goaltender Olle Eriksson Ek to San Diego Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Lashoff Returns to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lewis Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Defender Jonas Siegenthaler Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Krys, Assign Him to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- First Place Condors Home Wednesday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Recall Pair from Cyclones - Rochester Americans
- Beaudin, Falk, Reflect on CHL Championships - Belleville Senators
- WWE Hall of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat to Attend Syracuse Crunch Game April 12 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Release Goaltender Byron Spriggs - Manitoba Moose
- Dansk Earns AHL Player of the Week Honor - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 25-31 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Chicago's Oscar Dansk Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Greg Chase Signed to PTO, Drew Melanson Returned to Maine of ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - Ontario Reign
- Dallas Stars Sign Goaltender Jake Oettinger to Three-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - AHL
- Tyler Lewington Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Watson, Salomaki Assigned to Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Set for Final Three Weeks - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Strike in Final Seconds to Secure 2-1 Win, Weekend Sweep - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.