Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Krys, Assign Him to Rockford
ROCKFORD, ILL - The Chicago Blackhawks today announced they have agreed to terms with defenseman Chad Krys on a three-year contract that runs through the 2021-22 season. He will report to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
Krys, 20, recently completed his junior season at Boston University where he posted 20 points with 12 assists and a career-high eight goals. He served as an alternate captain during the campaign and became Boston's first blueliner in 47 years to register two goals and three assists in a game when he accomplished the feat on March 2 vs. Merrimack.
Overall, the Ridgefield, Connecticut native totaled 58 points (20g, 38a) in 105 career collegiate contests from 2016-19. He logged double digit points in each of his three campaigns with Boston and totaled 20+ points during both his sophomore and junior seasons.
Krys also spent two seasons (2014-16) with the United States National Team Development Program prior beginning his collegiate career. He split the 2015-16 season with the U.S. NTDP U18 and U17 teams, tallying 29 points (3g, 26a) with the U18 club and 13 points (2g, 11a) in 18 USHL games with the U17 team.
Krys was originally selected by Chicago in the second round (45th overall) in the 2016 NHL Draft.
Next Home Game: March 27 vs. Milwaukee | 7 p.m.
The IceHogs host a Wednesday Dog Days game in which fans can bring their dog to the game for an additional $2. Proceeds from the event will go to local animal shelters. Wednesday is also a Fas Fuel Winning Weekday game, and those who attended Rockford's contest on March 20 can exchange their ticket from that game for a free ticket of equal or lesser value to March 27 vs. Milwaukee.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2019
- Week 25 Report: Hogs Win 1 of 3 in Tight Divisional Race - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Insider: Playoff Clincher Nears - Chicago Wolves
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Goaltender Olle Eriksson Ek to San Diego Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Lashoff Returns to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lewis Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Defender Jonas Siegenthaler Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Krys, Assign Him to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- First Place Condors Home Wednesday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Recall Pair from Cyclones - Rochester Americans
- Beaudin, Falk, Reflect on CHL Championships - Belleville Senators
- WWE Hall of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat to Attend Syracuse Crunch Game April 12 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Release Goaltender Byron Spriggs - Manitoba Moose
- Dansk Earns AHL Player of the Week Honor - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 25-31 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Chicago's Oscar Dansk Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Greg Chase Signed to PTO, Drew Melanson Returned to Maine of ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - Ontario Reign
- Dallas Stars Sign Goaltender Jake Oettinger to Three-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - AHL
- Tyler Lewington Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Watson, Salomaki Assigned to Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Set for Final Three Weeks - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Strike in Final Seconds to Secure 2-1 Win, Weekend Sweep - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Announce Six Prime Dates for 2019-20 Season
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with Forwards Coughlin & Ramsey
- Secure Your Seats For 2019-20 At Saturday's Garage Sale
- IceHogs Ink Defensemen McArdle & Osipov to AHL Deals
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with Marchand, Thompson