Watson, Salomaki Assigned to Admirals
Milwaukee, WI - Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the team has assigned forwards Miikka Salomaki and Austin Watson to Milwaukee on long-term injury loan.
Watson played parts of five seasons with the Admirals from 2011-2016, posting 69 goals and adding 59 assists for 128 points in 232 games. The Ann Arbor, MI native is fifth in team AHL history in goals scored, posting 20 or more in each of his three full-time seasons with Milwaukee. In addition he is 13th in games played and 12th in points.
The Preds 1st round pick in the 2010 NHL Draft has scored 30 goals and added 30 assists for 60 points in 250 career games with Nashville and 17 points (9g-8a) in 35 Stanley Cup Playoff appearances.
Salomaki skated for the Admirals from 2013 through the beginning of the 2015-16 season before getting the full-time call up to the Predators. During his time in an Ads sweater Salomaki registered 29 goals and dished out 42 assists for 71 points in 121 games.
The Raahe, Finland native has played in 162 contests for Nashville, posting 26 points (11g-15a) and added a goal and an assist in 28 post-season games.
Watson and Salomaki look to get back on the ice as the Admirals continue their playoff quest Wed., Mar. 27 with their third straight game at Rockford. The Admirals next home game is Wed., Apr. 3 against San Antonio at UWM Panther Arena. Fans can purchase tickets by calling the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550, or online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2019
- Week 25 Report: Hogs Win 1 of 3 in Tight Divisional Race - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Insider: Playoff Clincher Nears - Chicago Wolves
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Goaltender Olle Eriksson Ek to San Diego Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Lashoff Returns to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lewis Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Defender Jonas Siegenthaler Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Krys, Assign Him to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- First Place Condors Home Wednesday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Recall Pair from Cyclones - Rochester Americans
- Beaudin, Falk, Reflect on CHL Championships - Belleville Senators
- WWE Hall of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat to Attend Syracuse Crunch Game April 12 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Release Goaltender Byron Spriggs - Manitoba Moose
- Dansk Earns AHL Player of the Week Honor - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 25-31 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Chicago's Oscar Dansk Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Greg Chase Signed to PTO, Drew Melanson Returned to Maine of ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - Ontario Reign
- Dallas Stars Sign Goaltender Jake Oettinger to Three-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - AHL
- Tyler Lewington Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Watson, Salomaki Assigned to Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Set for Final Three Weeks - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Strike in Final Seconds to Secure 2-1 Win, Weekend Sweep - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.