Sens Set for Final Three Weeks
Three weeks left in the season. Eight games separate the Belleville Senators from its first ever playoff appearance.
The Sens currently sit in a tie for fourth place in the North Division with the Cleveland Monsters on 74 points although Cleveland has played one less game than Belleville.
"The message to the players is obvious," Sens head coach Troy Mann said. "You have to control the highs and lows as much as you can. We're in playoff mode right now and have been for a while but as you get closer and closer to that mid-April point you have to forget about the previous night, regardless of what has happened."
The Sens have lost their previous two contests but with eight games remaining they still have everything to play for.
One advantage for Belleville is that six of the final eight games are at home where the Sens have a healthy 20-8-1-3 record at CAA Arena this year.
The Sens finish March with a home contest against Syracuse Wednesday before making a stand alone trip to Hartford on March 30. April opens with four straight home games against Syracuse, Hershey, Cleveland and Toronto before heading west to face the Marlies in the team's final road game before ending the season the next day at home to Rochester on April 14 where all will be decided in regards to the Sens' Calder Cup Playoff chances.
"We're pretty much in a playoff series so you need to forget about the result from the night before and control the highs of being emotionally at the top of the world to also dealing with the lows," Mann said.
Fans can take advantage of our Playoff Push Pack that includes all five regular season games in April. Fans who purchase a Playoff Push Pack will be given priority over the general public for playoff tickets should the team secure a spot in the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs. Playoff Push Packs can only be purchased by calling the Belleville Senators office at 613-967-8067 or by emailing the team at email@example.com.
Furthermore, from March 28-30, fans can purchase individual tickets for the Sens' five games in April - against Syracuse, Hershey, Cleveland, Toronto and Rochester - for the season ticket holder base price, plus tax and surcharge, saving almost $3 per ticket off of regular game day ticket prices. Fans can click here to purchase or head to the Sens' Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2019
- Week 25 Report: Hogs Win 1 of 3 in Tight Divisional Race - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Insider: Playoff Clincher Nears - Chicago Wolves
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Goaltender Olle Eriksson Ek to San Diego Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Lashoff Returns to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lewis Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Defender Jonas Siegenthaler Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Krys, Assign Him to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- First Place Condors Home Wednesday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Recall Pair from Cyclones - Rochester Americans
- Beaudin, Falk, Reflect on CHL Championships - Belleville Senators
- WWE Hall of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat to Attend Syracuse Crunch Game April 12 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Release Goaltender Byron Spriggs - Manitoba Moose
- Dansk Earns AHL Player of the Week Honor - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 25-31 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Chicago's Oscar Dansk Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Greg Chase Signed to PTO, Drew Melanson Returned to Maine of ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - Ontario Reign
- Dallas Stars Sign Goaltender Jake Oettinger to Three-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - AHL
- Tyler Lewington Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Watson, Salomaki Assigned to Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Set for Final Three Weeks - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Strike in Final Seconds to Secure 2-1 Win, Weekend Sweep - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.