Condors Community Update, Week of November 21st
Tuesday, November 22 : The Bakersfield Condors host their 2nd Annual Field Trip Day/ Businesspersons Special. Sponsored by the Bakersfield Californian, FOX 58, KGEO AM 1230 and Arrival Communications, the game has a special 10:30am start time that allows schools to attend as part of an educational field trip. Students will receive an educational booklet courtesy of the Bakersfield Californian that covers health, science, math, language and geography as it pertains to the sport of hockey. Students will also receive lunch provided in part by Pepsi and Frito Lay. Adults are also invited to attend the game and have lunch with the Condors. Tickets purchased after 11:30am will receive a two for one discount.
Tuesday, November 22 : Colonel Claw'd will serve up some turkey at the "Feed It Forward" Thanksgiving dinner sponsored by El Popular newspaper. The event is open to the public and includes a toy giveaway. Dinner begins at 4pm at the Dome Arena, located at 2201 V St. For more information, contact Ronnie Cruz at 747-7184.
Saturday, November 26: 29 Eyewitness News, KERN 1410 AM & Wells Fargo Bank sponsor the Condors annual Teddy Bear Toss. All fans are encouraged to bring a teddy bear, or other stuffed animal, to throw onto the ice after the Condors score their first goal. The teddy bears will be collected and donated to less-fortunate children through the United Way of Kern County. Last year, 7,149 stuffed toys were collected, bringing the six-year total to more than 26,000.
Week in Review:
Tuesday, November 15 : Condors forward Justin Quenneville and Director of Community Relations Mikie Hayhurst spent time with a second grade class at Bessie Owens Primary School. Quenneville explained the basics of hockey to the group who will be attending the Condors Field Trip game on November 22nd. He also told the class about his childhood in Canada and about his personal dedication to education.
Wednesday, November 16 : Condors goalie Davis Parley and defenseman Reagan Leslie were guests on KGET 17 News at Sunrise. Parley and Leslie appeared on-ice in three segments of the show. Leslie demonstrated shooting techniques for KGET's reporter Clint Olivier while Parley showed him goaltending basics.
Saturday, November 19: Condors players Justin Quenneville & Davis Parley and Condors mascot Colonel Claw'd joined the ranks of the Salvation Army as Celebrity Bell Ringers. Stationed in front of Edwards Theatre at The Marketplace on Ming Avenue, the trio rang bells, took pictures and collected money for needy families from 10-11am.
Saturday, November 19: The Bakersfield Condors wore specialty Bakersfield Heritage themed jerseys that were auctioned off post-game. A total of $16,650 was raised benefiting the Ronald McDonald House.
Mark Your Calendars:
Wednesday, November 30 : The Condors battle the Johnstown Chiefs as KGET-TV 17, News Radio 970 KGET, and Barber Honda host Project Warm Families Coat Collection. Donate a new or slightly used coat and receive $1.00 terrace admission to the game. Last year, team high 2, 860 coats were collected, bringing the six-year history close to 12,000. The coats will be donated to needy families through Junior Achievement. The Stanley Cup will be on display in the arena that night as part of the NHL/ECHL Hurricane Relief Tour.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2005
- RoadRunners Fry Salmon Kings 3-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Victoria Salmon Kings Week in Review - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Turkey With a Side Of Puck - Stockton Thunder
- St. Jacques and Munce Star in 3 Point Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Fans Asked to Bring Non-Perishable Food Items to Tomorrow's Game vs. Las Vegas - Fresno Falcons
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Condors Community Update, Week of November 21st - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors First Jersey Auction of the Season Brings in $16,650 - Bakersfield Condors
- DaSilva Assigned By Lowell - San Diego Gulls
- Utah Grizzlies Change Radio Stations - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Idaho Leads Alaska, Utah In West - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gulls Agree To Terms With Kim And Reimers - San Diego Gulls
- Sanford Named NHL Defensive Player of the Week - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Organization Fined - Toledo Walleye
- Wranglers weekly update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gulls weekly update - San Diego Gulls
- Titans weekly review - Trenton Devils
- Ice Dogs weekly update - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Inferno weekly update - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots go 1-1 this past week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Utah Grizzlies Weekly News and Notes - Utah Grizzlies
- Checkers weekly update - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators weekly review - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- This week in Nailers Hockey - Wheeling Nailers
- Reading Royals weekly update - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots knock off Lynx 2-1 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grizzlies Win Eighth Straight, 4-2 Over Phoenix - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Game Preview: Condors Host San Jose at 6 p.m. on AHLTV
- Game Preview: Condors Host Henderson at 6 p.m. on Facebook Watch and AHLTV
- Condors Host Henderson Friday in AHL Facebook Watch Game of the Week
- Condors April Game Worn, Signed Jersey Raffle Is Live
- Condors Games in Colorado Postponed