Toledo Storm Weekly
- The Sports Arena Was Very Chilly! After starting 2005 with a 6-0-1 record at One Main Street, Toledo stumbled over the weekend with a shootout loss Friday to Stockton (3-4) and then losing 2-5 in regulation to Johnstown Saturday night. The Storm are 6-1-1 at home this year.
- The Captains Logging In! Storm Captain P.J. Martin scored a goal Friday night and added an assist in Saturday's game. With those points, P.J. has extended his point streak to 7 games.
- The Penalty Box Door Opens! Storm forwards Adam Keefe and Mike James continue to slide into the penalty box. Keefe has gone 12 straight games with a penalty, and has seen the sin bin in every game this season. Adam currently has collected the most penalty minutes in the ECHL (80). James has had a penalty in 11 straight contests, and has a total of 58 penalty minutes.
- Power Play! The Storm have scored a power play goal in 8 straight games, and have at least 1 PP goal in 11 of 12 games played this season. Toledo has 22 power play goals in 108 opportunities this season. The Storm rank 9th in the ECHL at 20.4%. The 108 power plays are the most in the ECHL.
- Penalty Kill! The Storm is ranked 15th in the league in kill percentage at 80.7%. Toledo has allowed 16 goals in 83 times shorthanded this year.
- The Toledo Storm Coach's Show is this Tuesday evening from 6-7pm at the Maumee Bay Brewing Company inside the Oliver House, Downtown Toledo. Head Coach Nick Vitucci and Storm goaltender Logan Koopmans will join Matt Melzak for insight and conversation on the start of the 2005-06 season and what lies ahead for the Storm. The Storm Coach's Show can be heard live on Dominion 1520 JAMZ, which is the home of Toledo Storm Hockey.
- The Storm returns to action this Friday night on the road against the Reading Royals. Toledo won the first meeting of the year between these two teams 2-1 on November 6th. Toledo and Reading will meet a total of twelve times this season. Goaltender David Cann made 39 saves in that game to give the Storm the victory. Rich Peverley leads the Royals in scoring with 4 goals and 11 assists. Reading is 5-0-0 at home this season.
- Saturday night the Storm will welcome in the Dayton Bombers. Toledo and Dayton have already played three games this season, and Toledo is 1-1-1. The Storm defeated the Bombers 6-5 on opening night (10/21), lost 2-4 on October 22 at Dayton and lost in a shootout 3-4 on October 28th. Forward Scott Cameron, who has 6 goals and 13 assists, leads Dayton. The Bombers have used 5 different goaltenders this season. Saturday night's game will be shown on a tape delay basis on BCSN. Sunday afternoon, the same two teams will match in Dayton.
STORM PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
P.J. Martin (1 goal - 1 assist = 2 points)
P.J. continued his point scoring streak with a goal Friday, and an assist on Saturday.
STORM GOALTENDER OF THE WEEK:
Logan Koopmans (0-0-1, 2.76 gaa, 0.884 save%)
Logan was solid helping Toledo to its only point of the weekend.
Toledo Weekly Transactions
11/14/2005 Delete TODD JACKSON (F) loaned to Grand Rapids
11/19/2005 Add RICK JUDSON (LW) signed contract
11/19/2005 Delete SCOOTER SMITH (F) loaned to Portland (AHL)
11/21/2005 Delete RICK JUDSON (LW) placed on waivers
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2005
- RoadRunners Fry Salmon Kings 3-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Victoria Salmon Kings Week in Review - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Turkey With a Side Of Puck - Stockton Thunder
- St. Jacques and Munce Star in 3 Point Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Fans Asked to Bring Non-Perishable Food Items to Tomorrow's Game vs. Las Vegas - Fresno Falcons
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Condors Community Update, Week of November 21st - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors First Jersey Auction of the Season Brings in $16,650 - Bakersfield Condors
- DaSilva Assigned By Lowell - San Diego Gulls
- Utah Grizzlies Change Radio Stations - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Idaho Leads Alaska, Utah In West - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gulls Agree To Terms With Kim And Reimers - San Diego Gulls
- Sanford Named NHL Defensive Player of the Week - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Organization Fined - Toledo Walleye
- Wranglers weekly update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gulls weekly update - San Diego Gulls
- Titans weekly review - Trenton Devils
- Ice Dogs weekly update - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Inferno weekly update - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots go 1-1 this past week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Utah Grizzlies Weekly News and Notes - Utah Grizzlies
- Checkers weekly update - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators weekly review - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- This week in Nailers Hockey - Wheeling Nailers
- Reading Royals weekly update - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots knock off Lynx 2-1 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grizzlies Win Eighth Straight, 4-2 Over Phoenix - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.