Gulls Agree To Terms With Kim And Reimers
FRESNO, Calif. - The San Diego Gulls have agreed to terms with center Alex Kim and defenseman Jason Reimers, head coach Martin St. Amour announced Monday. Both players will be available to play Wednesday against the Victoria Salmon Kings.
Kim, 26, played last season for former Gulls head coach Steve Martinson with the United Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs, netting 28 points (8g, 20a) in 35 games. Kim also played in 13 playoff games for Rockford last season, accumulating 16 points (4g, 12a). His 12 postseason assists ranked fourth in the UHL.
The 5-foot-11-inch, 195-pound native of Fullerton, Calif. spent 2003-04 with the ECHL's Long Beach Ice Dogs and Peoria Rivermen. Kim posted a career-high 54 points (27g, 27a) in 67 games split between the two clubs. He registered a career-high 10-game point streak and four-game goal streak while playing for Long Beach.
In 165 professional games, Kim has notched 130 points (58g, 72a) and 127 penalty minutes. In 128 career games in the ECHL, he has registered 100 points (49g, 51a) and 119 penalty minutes.
Kim is now the fourth Southern California native to join the Gulls this season. Rookie goaltender Aaron McKenzie, born in San Diego, signed with the Gulls in October. Justin Silver and Matt Kunsman, who have appeared in games for the Gulls this season, are also California.
Reimers, 24, played last season for the UHL's Motor City Mechanics, netting 17 points (2g, 15a) in 55 games. The 6-foot, 185-pound native of Cottage Grove, Minn. spent 2003-04 with the Central Hockey League's Fort Worth Brahamas. He played in 27 games, notching seven points (1g,6a) and 31 penalty minutes. In 89 professional games Reimers has 25 points (3g,22a) and 136 penalty minutes.
San Diego opens its longest homestand of the season (seven games) Wednesday against the Salmon Kings. The game is slated to begin at 7:05 p.m. and will feature a Thanksgiving Food Drive, presented by the San Diego Food Bank. Any fan who donates a non-perishable food item will receive a 2-for-1 voucher, good for the Gulls game on either Friday, Nov. 25 or Sunday, Nov. 27.
All games can be heard on KLSD 1360AM and www.sandiegogulls.com with Chris Ello calling the play-by-play. Most games can also be viewed on the Gulls' web site, courtesy of B2 Networks (All upcoming games CAN BE VIEWED). Click the B2 Networks (Watch the Game Live) link on the home page for a list of the upcoming telecasted games. To view pictures from this season, visit www.zerodogentertainment.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2005
- RoadRunners Fry Salmon Kings 3-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Victoria Salmon Kings Week in Review - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Turkey With a Side Of Puck - Stockton Thunder
- St. Jacques and Munce Star in 3 Point Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Fans Asked to Bring Non-Perishable Food Items to Tomorrow's Game vs. Las Vegas - Fresno Falcons
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Condors Community Update, Week of November 21st - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors First Jersey Auction of the Season Brings in $16,650 - Bakersfield Condors
- DaSilva Assigned By Lowell - San Diego Gulls
- Utah Grizzlies Change Radio Stations - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Idaho Leads Alaska, Utah In West - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gulls Agree To Terms With Kim And Reimers - San Diego Gulls
- Sanford Named NHL Defensive Player of the Week - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Organization Fined - Toledo Walleye
- Wranglers weekly update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gulls weekly update - San Diego Gulls
- Titans weekly review - Trenton Devils
- Ice Dogs weekly update - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Inferno weekly update - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots go 1-1 this past week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Utah Grizzlies Weekly News and Notes - Utah Grizzlies
- Checkers weekly update - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators weekly review - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- This week in Nailers Hockey - Wheeling Nailers
- Reading Royals weekly update - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots knock off Lynx 2-1 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grizzlies Win Eighth Straight, 4-2 Over Phoenix - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.