Ice Pilots knock off Lynx 2-1
Pensacola, FL - The Pensacola Ice Pilots won their third game of the season defeating the Augusta Lynx 2-1 on Sunday at the Pensacola Civic Center.
The Ice Pilots jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the first period on a power play goal by Nick Lindberg. Lindberg, who extended his point scoring streak to seven games, rifled a shot by Augusta goalie Jason Wolfe at the 17:03 mark from the right wing circle.
The Ice Pilots would take a 2-0 lead as Luke Fulghum scored at the 16:56 mark of the second period for his fifth goal of the season. The Lynx would score on the power play with 3:05 left in the game on a hard shot from the right point by Martin Lapointe to make it 2-1.
Ice Pilots goalie Frederic Cloutier denied Augusta the tying goal as the Lynx pulled their goalie for an extra attacker at the end of the game. Cloutier was the winning goalie stopping 3! 5 out of 36 shots. Jason Wolfe was the losing goalie for Augusta.
The Ice Pilots improved their record to 3-6-1 for 7 points and Augusta dropped their record to 5-4-2 for 12 points. The Ice Pilots next game is on Wednesday night at home vs. Greenville at 7:05 p.m.
The Ice Pilots will also host their first "Fan Forum" of the season this Tuesday night, November 22 beginning at 6:00 p.m. at the Pensacola Civic Center. The "Fan Forum" will be held on the second floor in front of the building in rooms C1, C2 and C3 instead of the V.I.P room to accommodate more people.
The "Fan Forum" is open to the public. Fans will have the opportunity to ask questions about the Ice Pilots organization to Ice Pilots President Mario Forgione, Vice President of Business Operations Greg Schuh and Head Coach Rick Adduono.
Fans can purchase individual home game tickets in
person at the Civic Center box office, at any Ticketmaster location, charge by
phone at 434!
-7444 or through the Ice Pilots website at www.icepilots.com. For grou
p tickets, season tickets, birthday parties and corporate partnerships, fans can
call the Ice Pilots at 432-PUCK.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2005
- RoadRunners Fry Salmon Kings 3-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Victoria Salmon Kings Week in Review - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Turkey With a Side Of Puck - Stockton Thunder
- St. Jacques and Munce Star in 3 Point Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Fans Asked to Bring Non-Perishable Food Items to Tomorrow's Game vs. Las Vegas - Fresno Falcons
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Condors Community Update, Week of November 21st - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors First Jersey Auction of the Season Brings in $16,650 - Bakersfield Condors
- DaSilva Assigned By Lowell - San Diego Gulls
- Utah Grizzlies Change Radio Stations - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Idaho Leads Alaska, Utah In West - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gulls Agree To Terms With Kim And Reimers - San Diego Gulls
- Sanford Named NHL Defensive Player of the Week - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Organization Fined - Toledo Walleye
- Wranglers weekly update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gulls weekly update - San Diego Gulls
- Titans weekly review - Trenton Devils
- Ice Dogs weekly update - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Inferno weekly update - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots go 1-1 this past week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Utah Grizzlies Weekly News and Notes - Utah Grizzlies
- Checkers weekly update - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators weekly review - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- This week in Nailers Hockey - Wheeling Nailers
- Reading Royals weekly update - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots knock off Lynx 2-1 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grizzlies Win Eighth Straight, 4-2 Over Phoenix - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.