Wranglers weekly update
Las Vegas, NV- The Las Vegas Wranglers posted a 0-3-0 record this week with all three losses coming in Alaska. Las Vegas was edged by Alaska 2-1 in Anchorage last Wednesday night. On Thursday night, the Wranglers were defeated 4-1 by the Aces. Las Vegas finished the week with a 3-1 loss on Saturday afternoon to the Aces.
The Wranglers will play their next game on the road with a stop in Fresno on Tuesday. Las Vegas will return home on Friday, November 25th at 7:05 pm to host the Stockton Thunder. Saturday night the Wranglers host the Victoria Salmon Kings.
Overall Record = 6-4-1, 13 Points Last Week = 0-3-0
West Division, Fourth Place
Las Vegas Wranglers Schedule - November 22nd - November 29th
Tuesday, November 22nd
11:00 am - 12:00 pm - Pre-game Skate at Save Mart Center
7:00 pm - Game at Fresno Falcons
Depart for Las Vegas after the Game
Wednesday, November 23rd
Thursday, November 24th
10:00 am - 11:00 am Practice at Las Vegas Ice Center **
Friday, November 25th
10:00 am - 11:00 am Pre-game Skate at Orleans Arena
7:05 pm - Game vs. Stockton Thunder
Saturday, November 26th
10:00 am - 11:00 am Pre-game Skate at Orleans Arena
7:05 pm - Game vs. Victoria Salmon Kings
Sunday, November 27th
Monday, November 28th
10:00 am - 11:30 am Practice at Orleans Arena
Tuesday, November 29th
10:00 am - 11:00 am - Pre-game Skate at Orleans Arena
7:05 pm - Game vs. Johnstown Chiefs
** Subject to Change
STANLEY CUP AND MULLETS HIGHLIGHT WEEKEND
This Friday, when the Wranglers host the Stockton Thunder, the team will hand out 2,000 Trucker Hats with Mullets before the game. Also, fans will have a chance to see the Stanley Cup which will be at the game to help raise money for the Hurricane Relief Fund. For $5.00 fans can take their picture with the Cup with their personal camera. All proceeds will go to the Hurricane Relief Fund. Saturday, November 26th, the Wranglers host the Victoria Salmon Kings and the annual Teddy Bear Toss. When the Wranglers score their first goal of the night, fans may throw a teddy bear onto the ice for charity. All the bears collected will be donated to Olive Crest. Fans can attend the Port of Subs Pre-Game Party from 4:30-6:30 pm in the parking lot of the Orleans Arena on prior to Saturday's game.
Wednesday, November 16th
Las Vegas 1 at Alaska 2
Anchorage, AK - The Las Vegas Wranglers were defeated by the Alaska Aces 2-1 at Sullivan Arena on Wednesday night. Alaska's Barrett Heisten scored at 12:23 of the third period to give the Aces the victory, snapping the Wranglers three-game winning streak. Aces goalie Chris Beckford-Tseu made 27 saves for the Alaska win. Las Vegas goalie Marc Magliarditi made 20 saves in the one-goal loss. Wranglers forward Steve Crampton scored the lone Las Vegas goal.
Thursday, November 17th
Las Vegas 1 at Alaska 4
Anchorage, AK - The Las Vegas Wranglers were defeated by the Alaska Aces 4-1 at Sullivan Arena on Thursday night. Aces forward Mike Scott scored one goal and assisted on two others to lead Alaska to their second consecutive win over Las Vegas. Aces winger Chris Minard added two goals in the victory. Las Vegas left wing Sean O'Connor scored the team's lone goal.
Saturday, November 19th
Las Vegas 1 at Alaska 3
Anchorage, AK - The Las Vegas Wranglers were defeated by the Alaska Aces 3-1 at Sullivan Arena on Saturday afternoon. Goalie Chris Beckford-Tseu held the Wranglers scoreless for the first 58 minutes of the game, finishing with 20 saves on the night. Alaska right wing Chris Minard scored twice, rounding out the series with five goals in three games against Las Vegas. Las Vegas center Chris Stanley scored the Wranglers lone goal with 2:00 minutes remaining in the contest to spoil the Aces shutout bid.
This Week's Opponent-
Fresno Falcons - (8-3-1, 17 Points) - The Falcons and Wranglers meet for the second time this season after Las Vegas defeated Fresno 5-2 at the Orleans Arena on Tuesday, November 8th. The Wranglers improved to 10-7-4 all time against Fresno. Left wing Luke Curtain leads the Falcons in scoring with eight goals and 11 assists for 19 points in 12 games. Fresno goalie Brett Jaeger is 6-2-1 with a 2.79 goals against average and a .917 save percentage. Last time these two teams met they combined for 142 penalty minutes, including 112 in the third period.
Stockton Thunder - (4-4-2, 10 Points) - Stockton is the new team out west after transferring from Atlantic City in the off-season. The Thunder are waiting for construction on the brand new Stockton Arena to be completed in early December. Therefore, the team has played all 10 of their games on the road.
Victoria Salmon Kings - (5-8-1, 11 Points) - The Wranglers went 8-0-0 against the Salmon Kings last season. Victoria struggled, finishing with a 15-52-5 record. The team set the league record with a 20-game winless streak last season. After and 0-3-0 start, the Kings are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games. Right wing Mike Wiril leads the team in scoring with four goals and 11 assists for 15 points in 14 games.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2005
- RoadRunners Fry Salmon Kings 3-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Victoria Salmon Kings Week in Review - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Turkey With a Side Of Puck - Stockton Thunder
- St. Jacques and Munce Star in 3 Point Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Fans Asked to Bring Non-Perishable Food Items to Tomorrow's Game vs. Las Vegas - Fresno Falcons
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Condors Community Update, Week of November 21st - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors First Jersey Auction of the Season Brings in $16,650 - Bakersfield Condors
- DaSilva Assigned By Lowell - San Diego Gulls
- Utah Grizzlies Change Radio Stations - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Idaho Leads Alaska, Utah In West - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gulls Agree To Terms With Kim And Reimers - San Diego Gulls
- Sanford Named NHL Defensive Player of the Week - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Organization Fined - Toledo Walleye
- Wranglers weekly update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gulls weekly update - San Diego Gulls
- Titans weekly review - Trenton Devils
- Ice Dogs weekly update - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Inferno weekly update - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots go 1-1 this past week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Utah Grizzlies Weekly News and Notes - Utah Grizzlies
- Checkers weekly update - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators weekly review - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- This week in Nailers Hockey - Wheeling Nailers
- Reading Royals weekly update - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots knock off Lynx 2-1 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grizzlies Win Eighth Straight, 4-2 Over Phoenix - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Wranglers Stories
- Las Vegas Wranglers to Return to the Ice for 2015-16 Season
- Wranglers' Season Comes to Close with 3-2 Game Four Loss to Aces
- Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1
- Wranglers Fall to Aces in Game Two Nail-Biter, 3-1
- Wranglers Dropped by Aces in Game One, 5-1