Fresno Falcons Weekly Update
Nov. 19 vs. San Diego, 3-1 Win - In Fresno's only game last week, the Falcons and Gulls were scoreless until Dustin VanBallegooie finally broke through just 19 seconds into the third period. Shawn Mather and Luke Curtin then tallied 49 seconds apart mid-way through the frame to break the game open as Fresno defeated San Diego for the second game in a row.
THIS WEEK'S UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Nov. 22 vs. Las Vegas Wranglers, 7 p.m.* - The Falcons look to avenge their only road loss of the season, which they suffered at the hands of the Wranglers on Nov. 8 at The Orleans Arena, 5-2. The game is the season's first Carl's Jr. Two-for-Tuesday, with two-for-one coupons available at participating Carl's Jr. locations. Fans are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to the game, which will be donated to Community Food Bank.
Saturday, Nov. 26 @ Bakersfield Condors, 7 p.m.* - Fresno takes on the Condors at Rabobank Arena. Fans may travel to the game on Golden Eagle Charter for only $15 per person. Call Golden Eagle Charter at (559) 275-2910 for more details.
Sunday, Nov. 27 @ San Diego Gulls, 5 p.m.* - The Falcons face the Gulls for the third time in five games.
*Live radio broadcast on 1550 Sporting News Radio begins 15 minutes before face-off with the FutureTek Pre-game Show. B2 Networks' pay-per-view video webcast begins at face-off via www.fresnofalcons.com.
. Fresno's top scorer Luke Curtin kept alive a seven-game point streak with his team-leading eighth goal of the season on Saturday. Curtin has nine points (3g-6a) during the course of the streak and is currently tied for third in the ECHL with 19 points overall (8g-11a).
. The Falcons are still undefeated against Pacific Division opponents at 7-0-0.
. Goaltender Brett Jaeger is tied for first in the ECHL with three shootout victories and second in the league with six victories overall. His 558 minutes played this season are the league's fourth highest total.
. Fresno remains in first place in the Pacific Division with 17 points, five more than the Gulls and Long Beach Ice Dogs which are tied for second place. The Falcons are the only team in the division with a record above .500 and stand fourth in the National Conference behind the West Division's Idaho Steelheads, Utah Grizzlies, and Alaska Aces.
LAST WEEK'S RECORD: 1-0-0 OVERALL RECORD: 8-3-1, 17 pts., 1st Place Pacific Division
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2005
- RoadRunners Fry Salmon Kings 3-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Victoria Salmon Kings Week in Review - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Turkey With a Side Of Puck - Stockton Thunder
- St. Jacques and Munce Star in 3 Point Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Fans Asked to Bring Non-Perishable Food Items to Tomorrow's Game vs. Las Vegas - Fresno Falcons
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Condors Community Update, Week of November 21st - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors First Jersey Auction of the Season Brings in $16,650 - Bakersfield Condors
- DaSilva Assigned By Lowell - San Diego Gulls
- Utah Grizzlies Change Radio Stations - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Idaho Leads Alaska, Utah In West - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gulls Agree To Terms With Kim And Reimers - San Diego Gulls
- Sanford Named NHL Defensive Player of the Week - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Organization Fined - Toledo Walleye
- Wranglers weekly update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gulls weekly update - San Diego Gulls
- Titans weekly review - Trenton Devils
- Ice Dogs weekly update - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Inferno weekly update - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots go 1-1 this past week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Utah Grizzlies Weekly News and Notes - Utah Grizzlies
- Checkers weekly update - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators weekly review - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- This week in Nailers Hockey - Wheeling Nailers
- Reading Royals weekly update - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots knock off Lynx 2-1 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grizzlies Win Eighth Straight, 4-2 Over Phoenix - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.