Lynx This Week
Thursday, November 24th @ Gwinnett
Augusta will travel to Gwinnett for the second time this season following a 4-3 overtime loss there on October 28. Former Lynx Scott Kelman scored twice and added an assist on the game-winning goal in overtime to help the Gladiators to the win. Eric Lundberg and Nicolas Corbeil each registered a goal and an assist for the Lynx in the contest. Nine meetings remain between the two clubs, with five scheduled for Augusta's home ice.
Friday, November 25th vs. Greenville
Fort Gordon Sponsor: EZ-GO
Teddy Bear Toss Weekend - Benefiting Toys For Tots
EZ-GO Score-O - win the Lynx EZ-GO Golf Car!
The Lynx take on the Grrrowl for the first time this season on Friday night and will play them two out of the next three and three of the next seven games. The Grrrowl are led by left wing Colin Pepperall, who has nine assists and 11 points to lead the club. Brock Radunske's eight goals lead the team and place him second in points with 10 total. Mike Brodeur has seen the lion's share of the load in net with a 5-3-0 record to go with a 2.95 GAA and .908 save percentage.
Saturday, November 26th vs. Charlotte
Fort Gordon Sponsor: Wild Wing Café/Jewelers Bench
Teddy Bear Toss Weekend - Benefiting Toys For Tots
Ruby Roll - Win a Ruby ring from the Jewelers Bench
Beat Checkers, Eat Checkers! - If the Lynx beat the Checkers on Saturday night, Lynx fans eat free Checkers
Augusta will face the Checkers for the first of nine meetings this season, five at home. Ryan Cuthbert and Dusty Jamieson both lead Charlotte with seven points, while Kenton Smith has compiled six assists this season. Checkers netminder Bernd Bruckler is 3-0-0 this season with a 2.93 GAA and .870 save percentage. Only Rick Kozack and Jake Ortmeyer have a plus/minus rating higher than even on the club heading into this weekend's action.
Week In Review
11/18 @ Columbia 9-5 win
The Lynx exploded for nine goals, including a hat trick by Colt King, in dispatching the Columbia Inferno on Friday night. Tied up at 4-4 following two periods of play, the Lynx poured five goals on the Inferno in the third to run away with the win in the process. Also scoring for Augusta were Joe Pereira, Paul Kelly, Joel Stepp, Ryan Lang, Martin Lapointe, and Dan Sullivan. Trevor Cunning earned the win with 18 saves in the contest, his third pro victory.
11/20 @ Pensacola 2-1 loss
Pensacola scored once each in the first and second periods to build a 2-0 lead the Lynx could not overcome. Martin Lapointe notched a late power play goal in the game for the 2-1 final, but even with an extra attacker the Lynx could not beat Pensacola goaltender Frederic Cloutier for a second time. Cloutier finished with 34 saves for the win while Jason Wolfe made 32 saves in the loss for Augusta.
Lynx in the Community
Tuesday, November 22
1:30 pm - Euchee Creek Elementary
Lynx players will read to students at Euchee Creek Elementary
Thursday, November 17
Kyle Schultz Memorial Patches Now Available
As a way to help commemorate the life of former Lynx radio voice Kyle Schultz, memorial patches will be available through the team office by contacting Bill Lesshafft at (706) 724-4423, x. 11. Patches are $5 each and all proceeds to go the education fund set up for Kyle's son Tanner. A limited number of 500 patches are available, and they will also be sold at Lynx games and at the Behind the Bench Coach's Show at Wild Wing Café, starting Monday, November 21st.
TEDDY BEAR TOSS!
The Augusta Lynx will host their annual Teddy Bear Toss Weekend on Friday, November 25th against the Greenville Grrrowl and Saturday, November 26th against the Charlotte Checkers, with all toys going to benefit Toys for Tots. Fans are encouraged to bring a new or previously enjoyed stuffed animal to the game to toss on the ice! All animals will be tossed onto the ice following Augusta's first goal in the opening period, or during the first intermission. Louie's Tip: Wrap the toy in a plastic bag so it doesn't get wet on the ice!
Coach's Show This Monday
The Augusta Lynx Behind the Bench Coach's Show airs Monday night from the Wild Wing Café at 3035 Washington Rd. in Augusta. Broadcast live from 7-8 pm and hosted by the "Voice of the Lynx" Tom Callahan, this is your chance to ask or call in questions for Lynx head coach Bob Ferguson and various player guests throughout the season. If you can't make it there live, make sure you tune it in on your Home for Lynx Hockey, NEWSTALKSPORTS 1630, WRDW-AM.
Season Ticket & Group Packages
Season ticket packages are now on sale to all Lynx fans, starting as low as $340 per seat! Lower bowl seats are $440, while Preferred seats are $470.
Group packages start with just 20 friends and family in your group, and discounts increase as you add more people! Call a Lynx Call a Lynx Contact a Lynx customer service representative at 724-4ICE for more information or to book your group today!
Overall Record: 5-4-2
PP: 8-60 (13.3%) 20th
PK: 59-72 (81.9%) 14th
Ticket Information - (706) 724-4ICE
$11, $14, $15
$1 off 20-49
$2 off 50-99
$3 off 100-199
$4 off 200-499
$5 off 500+
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2005
- RoadRunners Fry Salmon Kings 3-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Victoria Salmon Kings Week in Review - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Turkey With a Side Of Puck - Stockton Thunder
- St. Jacques and Munce Star in 3 Point Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Fans Asked to Bring Non-Perishable Food Items to Tomorrow's Game vs. Las Vegas - Fresno Falcons
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Condors Community Update, Week of November 21st - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors First Jersey Auction of the Season Brings in $16,650 - Bakersfield Condors
- DaSilva Assigned By Lowell - San Diego Gulls
- Utah Grizzlies Change Radio Stations - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Idaho Leads Alaska, Utah In West - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gulls Agree To Terms With Kim And Reimers - San Diego Gulls
- Sanford Named NHL Defensive Player of the Week - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Organization Fined - Toledo Walleye
- Wranglers weekly update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gulls weekly update - San Diego Gulls
- Titans weekly review - Trenton Devils
- Ice Dogs weekly update - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Inferno weekly update - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots go 1-1 this past week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Utah Grizzlies Weekly News and Notes - Utah Grizzlies
- Checkers weekly update - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators weekly review - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- This week in Nailers Hockey - Wheeling Nailers
- Reading Royals weekly update - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots knock off Lynx 2-1 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grizzlies Win Eighth Straight, 4-2 Over Phoenix - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.