Condors First Jersey Auction of the Season Brings in $16,650
BAKERSFIELD, Ca. - The Bakersfield Condors held their first jersey auction and raffle of the season this past Saturday night. The specialty game-worn jerseys were auctioned off immediately following the game raising a total of $16,650 benefiting the Ronald McDonald House of Central Valley.
The jersey, featuring things indigenous to Bakersfield, proved to be good luck for the team who clinched a shoot-out win against the Long Beach Ice Dogs. The fans seemed to agree as the live auction got underway on the ice just moments later.
The post-game auction began with two former Condors sporting Bakersfield Heritage jerseys made just for them, #21 Quinn Fair and #17 former captain Paul Rosebush. Fair's jersey sold for $850, while Rosie's sweater went for $1300, bringing his 19- auction total to $21,950. Rosebush still holds the team record for most money raised on a single jersey with $3700 bid on his Team USA jersey last March, although current Condor Kevin St. Jacques was looking to up seat Rosebush and came close. St. Jacques Bakersfield Heritage jersey received the high bid of the night - a whopping $3500
With a lot of new faces on the roster, players had to find a way to stand out. Forward Kevin Kotyluk used his broken leg for sympathy points while Mike Hofstrand just used his legs - appearing at center ice in his jersey and shorts. Both jerseys went for $900 each, as did current team captain's Sean Venedam.
Plans are in the works to see other former Condors, including Jamie Cooke and Glen Mears participate in other jersey auctions later this season.
Sunday, November 20 culminated McDonald's World Children's Day, exemplifying the philanthropic spirit of McDonald's founder, Ray Kroc, who believed in giving back to the communities McDonald's serves. The Bakersfield Condors also believe in giving back to the community and were honored be able to give the $16,650 raised to the Ronald McDonald House. The House is the cornerstone program of Ronald McDonald House Charities and is designed to meet the needs of families who have no place to stay while their child is hospitalized.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2005
- RoadRunners Fry Salmon Kings 3-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Victoria Salmon Kings Week in Review - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Turkey With a Side Of Puck - Stockton Thunder
- St. Jacques and Munce Star in 3 Point Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Fans Asked to Bring Non-Perishable Food Items to Tomorrow's Game vs. Las Vegas - Fresno Falcons
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Condors Community Update, Week of November 21st - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors First Jersey Auction of the Season Brings in $16,650 - Bakersfield Condors
- DaSilva Assigned By Lowell - San Diego Gulls
- Utah Grizzlies Change Radio Stations - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Idaho Leads Alaska, Utah In West - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gulls Agree To Terms With Kim And Reimers - San Diego Gulls
- Sanford Named NHL Defensive Player of the Week - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Organization Fined - Toledo Walleye
- Wranglers weekly update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gulls weekly update - San Diego Gulls
- Titans weekly review - Trenton Devils
- Ice Dogs weekly update - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Inferno weekly update - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots go 1-1 this past week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Utah Grizzlies Weekly News and Notes - Utah Grizzlies
- Checkers weekly update - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators weekly review - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- This week in Nailers Hockey - Wheeling Nailers
- Reading Royals weekly update - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots knock off Lynx 2-1 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grizzlies Win Eighth Straight, 4-2 Over Phoenix - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Game Preview: Condors Host San Jose at 6 p.m. on AHLTV
- Game Preview: Condors Host Henderson at 6 p.m. on Facebook Watch and AHLTV
- Condors Host Henderson Friday in AHL Facebook Watch Game of the Week
- Condors April Game Worn, Signed Jersey Raffle Is Live
- Condors Games in Colorado Postponed