Inferno weekly update
INFERNO COACH'S SHOW:
Tuesday, November 22nd at 7pm. Team Captain Jay Legault and Chris Cava will our special guests on the show. Assistant Coach Troy Mann will be talking to host Roger Hyde about last week's games. Come join us live at The Tap Room, located at The Tap Room on Bower Parkway off of Harbison Blvd. The Tap Room is located right next door to the Columbiana Grand Movie Theatre. The Tap Room is home to 50 different beers on tap including root beer. Enjoy their great menu of dinner items, including their Texas Tumbleweed Rolls, Ahi Tuna, Brew Pub Style Roast Beef Sandwich and the Spinach and Portabella Mushroom Sandwich. You can also listen on ESPN 93.1FM from 7pm - 8pm.
THE WEEK AHEAD
Wednesday, November 23rd vs. Florida Everblades 7:05pm Carolina Coliseum
This is the first of eight meetings between the Everblades and Inferno. The Inferno is 15-11-1 all time against Florida. The Everblades is tied for third place with 12 points (6-3-0), along with Greenville and Augusta in the South Division.
Friday, November 25th vs. Pensacola Ice Pilots 7:05pm Carolina Coliseum
Pensacola is in last place in the South Division with 7 points (3-6-1). The last time these two teams met, Columbia beat the Ice Pilots 5-3. The Inferno is 1-1-0 this season against the Ice Pilots and 3-3-1 all time.
Saturday, November 26th vs. South Carolina Stingrays 7:05pm Carolina Coliseum
The Inferno is 1-1-0 this season against the Stingrays and 20-11-3 all time. South Carolina is in seventh place with 9 points (2-7-5). They have not won a game in their last nine (0-6-3).
LAST WEEK Tuesday, November 15th GREENVILLE 7 Columbia 1
The Columbia Inferno dropped to the Greenville Grrrowl 7-1 in a 10:35am game as their four game winning streak comes to an end. Greenville came out strong, scoring three quick goals in the first period. The Grrrowl ended the first period with a score of 4-0. Justin Aikins scored the lone goal for the Inferno on the power play at 4:18 of the second period with assists to Mike Stathopoulos and F.P. Guenette. Rob Gherson started in goal for the Inferno facing six shots and allowing three goals. Chris Houle came in for relief stopping 37 shots and allowing four goals. Greenville outshot the Inferno 47-25 and went 3-for-9 on the power play. The Inferno was 1-for-8.
Friday, November 18th AUGUSTA 9 Columbia 5
Augusta Lynx Colt King's third period hat trick helped cement a 9-5 win for the Augusta Lynx on Friday night in Columbia over the Inferno. Leon Hayward opened the scoring for the Inferno at 11:30 of the first period with help from Gustav Engman and Chris Houle. Augusta then scored the next three goals to take the 3-1 lead. Chris Cava, scoring his fourth of the season, on the power play edge Columbia closer as Augusta led 3-2. Four minutes later, Augusta scored to make it 4-2. Columbia then scored the next two goals, by Dallas Flaman and Cava to tie the game at four. The Lynx then went on a scoring flurry as they netted three goals to go up 7-4. Engman scored his first of the season for the Inferno but that ended the scoring for Columbia. Augusta scored the last two goals as they skate away with a 9-5 win.
Overall Record: 8-4-1
Position: 1st place (17 points)
Weekly Record: 0-2-0
INFERNO NUMBERS Record: 8-4-1
Goals: 5 - Mike Stathopoulos, Leon Hayward, Chris Cava
Assists : 8 - Dave Bonk
Leading Scorer: 12 - Dave Bonk, Mike Stathopoulos
Power Play: 20.4% (8th in ECHL)
Power Play Goals: 3 - Aikins, Cava
Penalty Kill: 82.1% (13th in ECHL)
Short Handed Goals: 1 - Mike Stathopoulos, Dave Bonk
Game Winning Goals: 2 - Leon Hayward
Penalty Minutes: 60 - Nick Greenough
Plus/Minus: +5 - Dave Bonk
Goaltending: Robert Gherson, 2.52 GAA, .924 save percentage, 4-1-1
Gustav Engman had one goal and one assist in his last two games with the Inferno...F.P. Guenette has six points (2g-4a) in his last five games...Mike Stathopoulos has five points (1g-4a) in his last three games...Brandon Nolan had three assists in Friday night's game...Chris Cava had two goals and one assist in the game against Augusta on Friday.
11/15/2005 Add GUSTAV ENGMAN (D) assigned by Manitoba
11/16/2005 Delete ERIC NELSON (D) loaned to Lowell
11/18/2005 Add TRAVIS LISABETH (RW) signed contract
11/18/2005 Add BRANDON NOLAN (C) assigned by Manitoba (AHL)
11/18/2005 Add BRIAN REANEY (D) signed contract
11/18/2005 Delete DEREK EASTMAN (D) loaned to Norfolk (AHL)
11/19/2005 Delete BRIAN REANEY (D) waived
Wednesday, November 23rd - Turkey Bowling - win a chance for a free turkey.
Friday, November 25th - Dad's Bring your Kids to the Game and let Mom Shop - The Inferno, thanks to the Cycle Center will be raffling off a kids bike. Sign up at the Toyota Center Customer Service Desk behind Section A. You will need to be present to win on Saturday night.
Saturday, November 26th - Bring an unwrapped toy in support of the Giving Tree (Palmetto Health).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2005
- RoadRunners Fry Salmon Kings 3-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Victoria Salmon Kings Week in Review - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Turkey With a Side Of Puck - Stockton Thunder
- St. Jacques and Munce Star in 3 Point Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Fans Asked to Bring Non-Perishable Food Items to Tomorrow's Game vs. Las Vegas - Fresno Falcons
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Condors Community Update, Week of November 21st - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors First Jersey Auction of the Season Brings in $16,650 - Bakersfield Condors
- DaSilva Assigned By Lowell - San Diego Gulls
- Utah Grizzlies Change Radio Stations - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Idaho Leads Alaska, Utah In West - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gulls Agree To Terms With Kim And Reimers - San Diego Gulls
- Sanford Named NHL Defensive Player of the Week - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Organization Fined - Toledo Walleye
- Wranglers weekly update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gulls weekly update - San Diego Gulls
- Titans weekly review - Trenton Devils
- Ice Dogs weekly update - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Inferno weekly update - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots go 1-1 this past week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Utah Grizzlies Weekly News and Notes - Utah Grizzlies
- Checkers weekly update - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators weekly review - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- This week in Nailers Hockey - Wheeling Nailers
- Reading Royals weekly update - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots knock off Lynx 2-1 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grizzlies Win Eighth Straight, 4-2 Over Phoenix - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.