DaSilva Assigned By Lowell
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Gulls announced Monday that rookie right-winger Dan DaSilva has been assigned by the American Hockey League's Lowell Lock Monsters. DaSilva will officially join the Gulls Tuesday and will be available for Wednesday's game against Victoria.
DaSilva, 20, began training camp this season with the Colorado Avalanche, San Diego's NHL affiliate. In 15 games for Lowell this season, he notched three points (1g, 2a) and 18 penalty minutes.
The 6-foot-1-inch, 195-pounder from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan spent the previous three years in juniors with the Western Hockey League's Portland Winter Hawks. During his three-year stint with Portland, DaSilva tallied 151 points (76g, 75a) and 328 penalty minutes.
DaSilva led Portland with 31 goals, 42 assists and 73 points last season. He led the Winter Hawks with 36 goals and was second with 56 points in 2003-04. The rookie winger was teammates with current Gull Cody McLeod for three seasons at Portland (2002-03 through 2004-05).
San Diego opens its longest homestand of the season (seven games) Wednesday against the Salmon Kings. The game is slated to begin at 7:05 p.m. and will feature a Thanksgiving Food Drive, presented by the San Diego Food Bank. Any fan who donates a non-perishable food item will receive a 2-for-1 voucher, good for the Gulls game on either Friday, Nov. 25 or Sunday, Nov. 27.
All games can be heard on KLSD 1360AM and www.sandiegogulls.com with Chris Ello calling the play-by-play. Most games can also be viewed on the Gulls' web site, courtesy of B2 Networks (All upcoming games CAN BE VIEWED). Click the B2 Networks (Watch the Game Live) link on the home page for a list of the upcoming telecasted games. To view pictures from this season, visit www.zerodogentertainment.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2005
- RoadRunners Fry Salmon Kings 3-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Victoria Salmon Kings Week in Review - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Turkey With a Side Of Puck - Stockton Thunder
- St. Jacques and Munce Star in 3 Point Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Fans Asked to Bring Non-Perishable Food Items to Tomorrow's Game vs. Las Vegas - Fresno Falcons
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Condors Community Update, Week of November 21st - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors First Jersey Auction of the Season Brings in $16,650 - Bakersfield Condors
- DaSilva Assigned By Lowell - San Diego Gulls
- Utah Grizzlies Change Radio Stations - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Idaho Leads Alaska, Utah In West - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gulls Agree To Terms With Kim And Reimers - San Diego Gulls
- Sanford Named NHL Defensive Player of the Week - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Organization Fined - Toledo Walleye
- Wranglers weekly update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gulls weekly update - San Diego Gulls
- Titans weekly review - Trenton Devils
- Ice Dogs weekly update - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Inferno weekly update - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots go 1-1 this past week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Utah Grizzlies Weekly News and Notes - Utah Grizzlies
- Checkers weekly update - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators weekly review - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- This week in Nailers Hockey - Wheeling Nailers
- Reading Royals weekly update - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots knock off Lynx 2-1 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grizzlies Win Eighth Straight, 4-2 Over Phoenix - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.