Gulls weekly update
SAN DIEGO - Despite seeing its six-game unbeaten streak snapped Saturday, San Diego is still 4-1-2 in its last seven matches. After playing 10 of their first 13 games on the road, the Gulls will get a chance to continue their hot streak with a season-long homestand of seven games beginning Wednesday. San Diego is 2-0-1 at home so far this year.
WEEK IN REVIEW:
Nov. 17 @ Bakersfield:
Steve Hildenbrand's power-play goal with 29.7 seconds left in overtime gave the Gulls a 4-3 win over the Condors at the Rabobank Arena. Hildenbrand led the Gulls with two goals - both on the power play - as San Diego went 3-for-8 with the man advantage. Guillaume Fournier added three assists for the Gulls, who saw leads of 2-0 and 3-2 disappear during regulation before Hildenbrand's game-winner in OT.
Nov. 18 vs. Bakersfield:
The Gulls returned to the ipayOne Center for a home-and-home series with Bakersfield - and they promptly pounded the Condors 7-0 for their third straight victory and biggest offensive output of the season. Richard Keyes collected four points on two goals and two assists, including a beautiful play that led to a Hildenbrand short-handed goal to make it 1-0 at the 16:39 mark of the first period. And the rout was on. Hildenbrand added a three-point night, and Tom Lawson stopped all 32 shots for his 14th career shutout and first of the year.
Nov. 19 @ Fresno:
The tired Gulls played their third game in three nights, including their second on the road. But San Diego still played the Falcons tough through two periods before Fresno pulled away with a trio of tallies in the final frame for a 3-1 victory. The loss halted the Gulls' three-game winning streak and six-match unbeaten streak overall. Down 3-0, Fournier notched the lone goal for San Diego with 2:09 left in the contest, but it wasn't enough for his team, which got out-shot 34-33.
The "French Fries" line of Fournier, Pierre-Luc Sleigher and Martin Mandeville has combined for 20 points (9g, 11a) in the last seven games... Fournier has a career-high seven-game point streak (4g, 6a)... Mandeville saw his career-best five-match point streak snapped Saturday in Fresno... Chet Ferreira, Jesse Bennefield and Doug MacIver are all injured.
After playing 10 of their first 13 games on the road, where they went 3-6-1, the Gulls return to the ipayOne Center for a season-long seven-game home stand beginning Wednesday... San Diego has killed off 26 consecutive penalties, dating back to Nov. 12 against Fresno, and is now ranked 21st in the ECHL (77.2 percent)... The Gulls have scored 13 power-play goals in their last seven games and have moved up to 17th overall in that department (15.4 percent)...
The Gulls next host Victoria at 7:05 p.m. Wednesday for a game that will feature a Thanksgiving Food Drive, presented by the San Diego Food Bank. Any fan that donates a non-perishable food item will receive a 2-for-1 voucher, good for the Gulls game on either Friday (vs. Long Beach) or Sunday (vs. Fresno)... San Diego will play four total games over the Thanksgiving weekend (Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
All games can be heard on KLSD 1360AM and www.sandiegogulls.com with Chris Ello calling the play-by-play. Most games can also be viewed on the Gulls' web site, courtesy of B2 Networks (All four upcoming games CAN BE VIEWED). Click the B2 Networks (Watch the Game Live) link on the home page for a list of the upcoming telecasted games. To view pictures from this season, visit www.zerodogentertainment.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2005
- RoadRunners Fry Salmon Kings 3-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Victoria Salmon Kings Week in Review - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Turkey With a Side Of Puck - Stockton Thunder
- St. Jacques and Munce Star in 3 Point Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Fans Asked to Bring Non-Perishable Food Items to Tomorrow's Game vs. Las Vegas - Fresno Falcons
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Condors Community Update, Week of November 21st - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors First Jersey Auction of the Season Brings in $16,650 - Bakersfield Condors
- DaSilva Assigned By Lowell - San Diego Gulls
- Utah Grizzlies Change Radio Stations - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Idaho Leads Alaska, Utah In West - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gulls Agree To Terms With Kim And Reimers - San Diego Gulls
- Sanford Named NHL Defensive Player of the Week - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Organization Fined - Toledo Walleye
- Wranglers weekly update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gulls weekly update - San Diego Gulls
- Titans weekly review - Trenton Devils
- Ice Dogs weekly update - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Inferno weekly update - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots go 1-1 this past week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Utah Grizzlies Weekly News and Notes - Utah Grizzlies
- Checkers weekly update - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators weekly review - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- This week in Nailers Hockey - Wheeling Nailers
- Reading Royals weekly update - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots knock off Lynx 2-1 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grizzlies Win Eighth Straight, 4-2 Over Phoenix - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.