Titans weekly review
TRENTON, NJ - The Trenton Titans took three out of a possible four points in a light week containing only two games.
The Titans' power play awakened on Wednesday going 2-for-5 in a 3-2 win over the South Carolina Stingrays. Ned Havern and Rosario Ruggeri each scored on the man advantage in the third period to help Trenton fend off the South Carolina. Martin stopped 29-of-31 to record his fourth win on the year.
On Friday against division-leading Wheeling Nailers, Chris Thompson broke a scoreless tie at 10:21 of the third period with his sixth goal of the season. The Nailers would tie the game during a 6-on-4 advantage with just 1:03 left in regulation. Tim Verbeek scored the lone goal in the shootout to help Wheeling clinch the victory, 2-1.
Trenton remains in fourth place in the North Division at 6-3-2.
The Titans enter arguably their toughest week of the season with five-games in six days. Trenton begins the week on the road against the Reading Royals on Tuesday before returning home to host the Johnstown Chiefs on Wednesday. The Titans will in turn visit the Chiefs on their home ice on Friday before hosting the Royals on Saturday. Trenton finishes the week in Wheeling, facing off against the Nailers on Sunday.
LAST WEEK: 1-0-1
Wednesday, November 16 vs. South Carolina, W 3-2 Sovereign Bank Arena
Stingrays Goals: Clapton (pp), David (pp)
Stingrays Goalie: Daigneault (30-27)
Titans Goals: Bertoli, Havern (pp), Ruggeri (pp)
Titans Goalie: Houle (31-29)
TRE PP: 2-5
TRE PK: 4-6
Friday, November 18 vs. Wheeling, T 2-1 (SO) Cambria County War Memorial
Nailers Goals: Cameron (pp), Team
Nailers Goalie: Cey (31-3o)
Titans Goals: Thompson
Titans Goalie: Beauchemin (44-43)
TRE PP: 0-2
TRE PK: 3-4
Tuesday, November 22 @ Reading Royals, 7:05pm (WBCB 1490AM) Sovereign Center The third contest out of twelve this season against the Royals, who are riding a four-game winning streak and five consecutive wins on their home ice. Shay Stephenson set a Reading team record with four goals against South Carolina on Saturday.
Wednesday, November 23 vs. Johnstown Chiefs, 7:00pm (WBCB 1490AM) Sovereign Bank Arena The fourth of twelve between Trenton and Johnstown. The Chiefs ended their ten-game winless streak with a 4-1 victory of the Stingrays on Friday and have now won their last two matches.
Friday, November 25 @ Johnstown, 7:30pm (91.3FM-WTSR, WBCB 1490AM) Cambria County War Memorial
The fifth game of the week versus the Chiefs and the sixth of the year. Johnstown is next to last in the ECHL in shots per game at 26.6. The Titans are 3-0, all shootout wins against the Chiefs this season and 32-14-4 all-time.
Saturday, November 26 vs. Reading, 7:00pm (91.3FM-WTSR, WBCB 1490AM) Sovereign Bank Arena
Game number two against the Royals on the week and fourth this season. Cody Rudkowsky is fourth in the ECHL with a 1.99 goals against average and tied for second in wins (6).
Sunday, November 27 vs. Wheeling, 5:05pm (b2 Networks ONLY) WesBanco Arena
The third game of thirteen between the Titans and Nailers in 2005-06. Trenton is 1-0-1 against Wheeling so far this season. The Nailers are undefeated on the their home ice at 5-0-0.
Tuesday, November 22 - Pre-game skate @ Iceland - Hamilton, NJ - 10:15am Leave for Reading Game @ Reading - 7:05pm
Wednesday, November 23 - No pre-game skate Game vs. Johnstown - 7:00pm
Thursday, November 24 - No practice Leave for Johnstown
Friday, November 25 - Pre-game skate @ Cambria County War Memorial - 11:15am Game @ Johnstown - 7:30pm
Saturday, November 26 - No practice Game vs. Reading - 7:00pm Leave for Wheeling
Sunday, November 27 - No pre-game skate Game @ Wheeling - 5:05pm
Monday, November 28 - Day off
TITANS BROADCAST INFO:
Tune in as the voice of the Titans, Mike O'Brien brings you all of the Titans hockey action on WBCB 1490AM on Sunday through Thursday and WSTR-91.3 FM on Friday and Saturday. Fans can also watch or listen in on the Titans website, www.trentontitans.com.
B2 Networks also brings you live action for Titans playoff games. Go to www.trentontitans.com to watch and listen to the game. Video broadcasts are available for a charge of $6 per game, while audiocasts are free of charge. A cable or DSL Internet connection and Windows Media Player 9 are required to view the games.
Scott May is on a three-game home scoring streak (0g, 4a).
Trenton lost in the shootout for the first time this season on Friday against Wheeling.
The Titans also fell for the first time when tied after two periods (3-0-1).
The Titans rank second in the league in goals allowed per game (2.18) and the penalty kill at 88.5% (77-for-87).
Titans In The Community:
Titans vs. Johnstown, 7:00pm
Dollar Dog Night - courtesy of Dietz & Watson
Leaders - Regular Season:
Goals: Chris Thompson - 6
Assists: Scott Bertoli - 7
Points: Scott Bertoli, Mathieu Brunelle - 8
Plus/Minus: Chris Thompson - +7
PIM: Stephen Wood - 32
Wins: Martin Houle - 4
GAA: Martin Houle - 2.10
Save Pct.: Martin Houle - .935
Team Stats - Regular Season:
Record: 6-3-2, 14 pts (4th, North Division)
Power Play: 5 for 59- 10.2% (24th)
Penalty Kill: 77 for 87 - 88.5% (2nd)
11/16/2005 Add ROSARIO RUGGERI (D) assigned by Philadelphia
11/17/2005 Delete MARTIN HOULE (G) recalled by Philadelphia (NHL)
11/18/2005 Add REJEAN BEAUCHEMIN (G) assigned by Philadelphia (AHL)
11/18/2005 Add LUCIANO AQUINO (RW) assigned by Bridgeport (AHL)
11/19/2005 Delete SCOTT FORD (D) loaned to Providence (AHL)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2005
- RoadRunners Fry Salmon Kings 3-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Victoria Salmon Kings Week in Review - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Turkey With a Side Of Puck - Stockton Thunder
- St. Jacques and Munce Star in 3 Point Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Fans Asked to Bring Non-Perishable Food Items to Tomorrow's Game vs. Las Vegas - Fresno Falcons
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Condors Community Update, Week of November 21st - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors First Jersey Auction of the Season Brings in $16,650 - Bakersfield Condors
- DaSilva Assigned By Lowell - San Diego Gulls
- Utah Grizzlies Change Radio Stations - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Idaho Leads Alaska, Utah In West - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gulls Agree To Terms With Kim And Reimers - San Diego Gulls
- Sanford Named NHL Defensive Player of the Week - ECHL
- Toledo Storm Organization Fined - Toledo Walleye
- Wranglers weekly update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gulls weekly update - San Diego Gulls
- Titans weekly review - Trenton Devils
- Ice Dogs weekly update - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Inferno weekly update - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots go 1-1 this past week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Utah Grizzlies Weekly News and Notes - Utah Grizzlies
- Checkers weekly update - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators weekly review - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- This week in Nailers Hockey - Wheeling Nailers
- Reading Royals weekly update - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots knock off Lynx 2-1 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grizzlies Win Eighth Straight, 4-2 Over Phoenix - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.