Chihuahuas Nearly Rally from Nine-Run Hole
El Paso fell one run short of the biggest comeback in team history Thursday, as the Albuquerque Isotopes held on to beat the Chihuahuas 9-8. El Paso trailed 9-0 in the fourth inning before eight unanswered runs got them within one. The team record for biggest comeback win is seven runs, set multiple times.
One night after hitting a home run in the RMHC Triple-A All-Star Game, Luis Urias hit his 18th regular season homer of the season for El Paso. The Isotopes scored eight runs in the second inning, matching the most runs allowed in an inning this season by the Chihuahuas. Albuquerque's Drew Weeks hit two homers in the inning to tie a Pacific Coast League record.
Former San Diego Padres first baseman Yonder Alonso had two RBIs for Albuquerque Thursday in his first game in the Colorado Rockies organization.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/isotopes-vs-chihuahuas/2019/07/11/579462#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=579462
Team Records: Albuquerque (38-53), El Paso (55-35)
Next Game: Friday, 7:05 pm at Southwest University Park. Albuquerque RHP Jeff Hoffman (4-5, 8.01) vs. El Paso RHP Bryan Mitchell (0-0, 7.11). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 12, 2019
- Iowa's Pitching Hits Roadblock in Round Rock - Iowa Cubs
- Missions Outlast Omaha in Friday Night Slugfest - San Antonio Missions
- Dodgers Stun Redbirds with Big Ninth Inning - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Quiet Cubs in 5-2 Victory - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds Falter in Ninth Inning - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Falter Late, Lose to Baby Cakes - Nashville Sounds
- Noesi Delivers 'Cakes Their 50th Win of the Season - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds Announce Schedule Changes for Weekend - Memphis Redbirds
- Salt Lake Bees Begin 11 Game Homestand Monday - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (39-51) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (49-42) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (36-55) vs Oklahoma City Dodgers (39-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 12, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aviators Return from All-Star Break, Crush Salt Lake 13-3 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Aviators Fly Away with the Win - Salt Lake Bees
- Weeks Hits Two Homers in One Inning, Leads Topes to 9-8 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies begin post-break with an 8-5 loss at Sacramento - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces' Bats Appear Well-Rested in Victory over Tacoma - Reno Aces
- River Cats open second half with win over Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Nearly Rally from Nine-Run Hole - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Return to Work with 8-6 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock's Late Surge Topples Iowa - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- Announcement Regarding 2020 Minor League Baseball Season
- Chihuahuas to Host Father's Day Catch on the Field Presented by Bank of America
- El Paso Chihuahuas, El Paso Locomotive FC, and FC Juarez Bravos Announce Plan to Unify the Borderplex During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Chihuahuas, Locomotive & Southwest University Park Announce Partnership with Professional Sports Catering
- Chihuahuas and L&F Distributors Release Co-Branded Beer Can