Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (39-51) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (49-42)
Game #91: Nashville Sounds (39-51) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (49-42)
Pitching Matchup: LHP Wes Benjamin (4-5, 6.84) vs. RHP Hector Noesi (9-4, 3.17)
First Pitch: 7:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
At the Park
Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
- FOX 17 News postgame fireworks presented by Koorsen Fire & Security.
- Cancer Awareness Night benefiting Stand Up To Cancer - Join the Nashville Sounds as we honor the fighters and survivors by raising funds for Stand Up To Cancer. Tyler Dial will play a concert near The Band Box during the game as we collect donations for cancer research. Join the players and staff with a Stand Up To Cancer placard as we pause the game briefly in the middle of the second inning to recognize those who are in the fight against cancer.
From the Notes
Nashville vs. Noesí: The Sounds have faced New Orleans' starter Héctor Noesí twice this season. He is 1-1 against Nashville with a 3.55 ERA (12.2 IP/5 ER). His last start came on June 24 at First Tennessee Park, where he earned the loss after allowing 5 runs on 8 hits and 3 walks while striking out 4 batters. The Sounds hit 3 home runs off Noesí, tying his season-high. Overall, active Nashville hitters have preformed as such against Noesí: Jett Bandy, 1-6, 3 K; Matt Davidson, 4-5, HR, 2 RBI, BB; Zack Granite, 1-6, HR, RBI; Andy Ibáñez, 0-3, K; Tyler Pill, 2-6; Carlos Tocci, 0-4, 2 BB; Eli White, 2-6, 3 K; Patrick Wisdom, 2-5, HR, 2 RBI, BB, 2 K.
Benjamin Breakdown: In the last nine games for the Sounds that pitcher Wes Benjamin has appeared in, they have won seven games. In that span that started on May 19, he is 3-0 with save and has allowed a 5.60 ERA (45.0 IP/28 ER) and a .304 batting average. He has struck out 36 batters to 20 walks in the time frame. In his first eight games of the season, Benjamin was 1-5 with a 8.54 ERA (32.2 IP/31 ER) and allowed a .323 average, striking out 28 batters to 18 walks. The Sounds were 1-7 in his first 8 games.
Steep Lopes: Infielder Christian Lopes contiued where he left off in the first game after the All-Star break, going 1-for-2 with a run, a double, 2 RBI, a walk and a hit-by-pitch. Lopes has hit particularly well with runners in scoring postion, batting .667 (8-for-12) with 2 doubles, 1 home run and 12 RBI. Overall, he is hitting .471 (16-for-34) with 6 doubles, 1 home run, 13 RBI, 6 walks and 3 hit-by-pitches (.587 OBP). Since his arrival in Nashville on June 25, he ranks 2nd in on-base percentage and 3rd in average (Scott Heineman is first, hitting .478).
Run Machines: Both Scott Heineman and Andy Ibáñez recorded three-run efforts in Thursday night's game. With Heineman batting 5th and Ibáñez 6th, the two combined to go 5-for-7 with 6 runs, 1 RBI and a walk. The hitters behind them (Christian Lopes, 7th; Jose Trevino, 8th; Juremi Profar, 9th) took advantage of the two reaching base, combining for 7 RBI. The three runs tied a season-high for Lopes and set the season-high for Heineman.
Returning With Style: After not playing with the Sounds since May 18, catcher Jose Trevino went 2-for-3 with 3 RBI and a walk in his first game back in Triple-A. It was the third time this season he had at least 3 RBI and it was also his eighth multi-hit game.
What's the word around Nashville?
Justin Chambers (@jctvweather)
A warm and muggy night at the ballpark but...FIREWORKS!!! @FirstTNPark @nashvillesounds @FOXNashville
FOX Sports Southwest (@FOXSportsSW)
What's all the buzz about Nashville?!
Find out on a brand new episode of @Rangers Insider, tomorrow at 6pm only on @FOXSportsSW!
Nashville Sounds (@nashvillesounds)
There is still time to join us at Cancer Awareness Night tonight!
Show your love & support for those in the fight during our honorary moment of silence. You can also make a donation to @SU2C when you purchase your tickets or at the ballpark: atmilb.com/2ESxhc0
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 12, 2019
- Iowa's Pitching Hits Roadblock in Round Rock - Iowa Cubs
- Missions Outlast Omaha in Friday Night Slugfest - San Antonio Missions
- Dodgers Stun Redbirds with Big Ninth Inning - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Quiet Cubs in 5-2 Victory - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds Falter in Ninth Inning - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Falter Late, Lose to Baby Cakes - Nashville Sounds
- Noesi Delivers 'Cakes Their 50th Win of the Season - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds Announce Schedule Changes for Weekend - Memphis Redbirds
- Salt Lake Bees Begin 11 Game Homestand Monday - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (39-51) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (49-42) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (36-55) vs Oklahoma City Dodgers (39-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 12, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aviators Return from All-Star Break, Crush Salt Lake 13-3 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Aviators Fly Away with the Win - Salt Lake Bees
- Weeks Hits Two Homers in One Inning, Leads Topes to 9-8 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies begin post-break with an 8-5 loss at Sacramento - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces' Bats Appear Well-Rested in Victory over Tacoma - Reno Aces
- River Cats open second half with win over Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Nearly Rally from Nine-Run Hole - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Return to Work with 8-6 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock's Late Surge Topples Iowa - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds Issue Statement on 2020 Alternate Season at First Horizon Park
- 2020 Nashville Sounds and Minor League Baseball Season Cancelled
- Nashville Sounds Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Sounds Introduce "Safe and Sounds at Home" Campaign
- March 17 and March 24 Vanderbilt Baseball Games Cancelled at First Horizon Park