Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Andrew Peeke to Monsters
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters, top affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Tuesday that the Blue Jackets assigned defenseman Andrew Peeke to the Monsters. A 6'3", 198 lb. right-shooting native of Parkland, FL, Peeke, 21, was selected by Columbus in the second round (34th overall) of the 2016 NHL Entry Draft.
In 119 NCAA appearances for Notre Dame spanning three collegiate seasons from 2016-19, Peeke posted 12-40-52 with 62 penalty minutes and a +20 rating and served as Notre Dame's captain during the 2018-19 campaign. In 56 appearances for the USHL's Green Bay Gamblers during the 2015-16 season, Peeke tallied 4-26-30 with 30 penalty minutes and a +7 rating and was named to the 2016 USHL All-Rookie Team. Internationally, Peeke represented Team USA at the 2018 UUHF U20 World Junior Championships, helping the Americans claim the tournament's Bronze Medal.
The Monsters Home Opener at the newly-transformed Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse is Friday, October 11th!
2019-20 Monsters Single Game Tickets are on sale NOW starting at ONLY $10 PER SEAT! Monsters Hockey Club Memberships are also available, providing members the lowest possible ticket prices, best seat locations, exclusive members only events like the Monsters' annual Meet the Team party and an exclusive, FREE Monsters Jersey or Hoodie! Group outing and birthday bash packages for ten or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased at ClevelandMonsters.com, by calling (216) 420-0000 or by visiting any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 1, 2019
- Hague, Roy Join Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Announce 2019-20 Television Schedule - San Diego Gulls
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Matthew Spencer, Ryan Lohin, Alexey Lipanov to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Manitoba Moose Release - Moose Reduce Roster by Three - Manitoba Moose
- Colorado Avalanche Assign Three to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Get Salomaki, Santini from Preds - Milwaukee Admirals
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Andrew Peeke to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Rocket Agrees to Terms on a One-Year, One-Way AHL Contract with Forward Kevin Lynch - Laval Rocket
- 'Canes Assign Six Players to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Hogs to Host Bud Light Hog Talk at Skybox this Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Oilers Assign Gagner and Lagesson to Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Senators Launch 50/50 Application Form to Support Local Organizations - Belleville Senators
- Flames Make Roster Moves - Stockton Heat
- Jets Claim Dahlstrom off Waivers - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League Announces Partnership with Sporfie - AHL
- Wolves Insider: Season Starts Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Brent Rossi Named Sound Tigers Presidentof Business Operations - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks Coaching Update - Rochester Americans
- Reign Edge Gulls to Close Preseason - Ontario Reign
- Gulls Preseason Postgame Notes: September 30, 2019, San Diego 2 vs. Ontario 3 - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Stalled in Syracuse, 4-2
- Monsters Pick up a Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Americans
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Markus Hannikainen from Monsters
- Monsters Recall Forward Derek Barach from ECHL's Jacksonville IceMen
- Monsters Drop 4-2 Decision to Griffins