'Blades Weekly: Rematch with Swamp Rabbits Starts 3-Game Week
ESTERO, Fla. - In the midst of a season-high 11-game point streak, the Florida Everblades look to continue their roll with three games in three days this week, as they begin a stretch of five straight games on the road.
Florida (14-5-4-0, 32 pts.) put an emphatic stamp on a six-game homestand by sweeping the past week with three wins in four days. After jumping into first place with a win over then-first place Jacksonville on Wednesday, the Everblades then took both games from Greenville on Friday and Saturday night, including a thrilling 5-4 win on Teddy Bear Toss night on Saturday to conclude the weekend. The 'Blades lost three players to call-ups to the AHL's Charlotte Checkers after Wednesday's game but still managed to continue the point streak.
The Everblades have a two-game rematch against Greenville this week at Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina. The two teams meet 10 times this season, and all the matchups come in a condensed two-month window from Dec. 7-Feb. 2. Florida then battles the Icemen on Saturday, looking to avenge a 2-1 loss the last time the teams met at Veterans Memorial Arena.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
Dec. 5 | vs. Jacksonville Icemen - W, 3-2
Dec. 7 | vs. Greenville Swamp Rabbits - W, 4-2
Dec. 8 | vs. Greenville Swamp Rabbits - W, 5-4
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Dec. 13 | at Greenville Swamp Rabbits | 7 p.m. - Bon Secours Wellness Arena
Dec. 14 | at Greenville Swamp Rabbits | 7:30 p.m. - Bon Secours Wellness Arena
Dec. 15 | at Jacksonville Icemen | 7 p.m. - Veterans Memorial Arena
After missing 14 games while on loan to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs, forward Justin Auger scored two goals in his first game back on Saturday night against Greenville.
Everblades goaltender Jamie Phillips has been dominant at Hertz Arena this season and stayed undefeated at home with his sixth win in his sixth start on Saturday night. Phillips has victories in four straights starts, the longest win streak for a 'Blades netminder this year.
Nathan Perkovich has equaled the 'Blades longest goal streak with tallies in four straight games and posted four goals, two of which were game-winning goals, in three games this past weekend.
Joe Cox leads the league with his plus-minus rating of +18 and has been an even or better rating in 20 of his 23 games.
With Saturday's win, the Everblades extended their season-high point streak to 11 games (9-0-2-0) to match the Toledo Walleye for the longest point streak in the ECHL this year.
The Everblades are one of just two teams in the ECHL that has not lost when scoring first. Florida has an 8-0-3 record when registering the initial goal.
After posting just one win in their first nine games decided by one goal, Florida earned two victories in one-goal games this past weekend, topping Jacksonville 3-2 on Wednesday and beating Greenville 5-4 on Saturday.
Since losing its first home game of the season, the Everblades have earned at least one point in 10 straight home contests, the second-longest home point streak in the ECHL.
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS
Florida Everblades: 14-5-4-0, 32 PTS
South Carolina Stingrays: 14-11-0-0, 28 PTS
Jacksonville Icemen: 13-9-1-0, 27 PTS
Norfolk Admirals: 12-10-1-1, 26 PTS
Orlando Solar Bears: 11-9-2-0, 24 PTS
Greenville Swamp Rabbits: 10-14-3-0, 23 PTS
Atlanta Gladiators: 5-12-4-0, 14 PTS
G: Joe Cox (10)
A: Cox (15)
PTS: Cox (25)
+/-: Cox (+18)
SH: John McCarron (72)
GAA: Jamie Phillips (2.32)
SV%: Phillips (.917)
Ugly Sweater & Skate with Santa (Dec. 22) - Join the 'Blades for a holiday-themed night that features a postgame Skate with Santa and the Everblades! It's also Ugly Sweater Night, and the 'Blades fan with the best ugly sweater will win an awesome prize.
EVERBLADES 2018-19 BROADCAST INFORMATION
Catch all the exciting action of Everblades hockey on WJBX News, Talk & More on 101.5 FM, 104.3 FM, 770 AM on the radio waves, or listen for FREE online here.
Fans can also watch the games on a subscription basis on ECHL.TV.
Single-game tickets for all regular season home games are on sale now!
Ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are still on sale! Become part of the Everblades Family with a Partial Season or a Flexible Voucher Package that fits your schedule and budget! All Ticket & Voucher Packages provide savings and special benefits!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2018-19 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford's Garage and an Everblades T-Shirt!
Private Arena Tours are also available to select your 2018-19 season seats! Call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!
Images from this story
Florida Everblades forward John McCarron scores against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 11, 2018
- Mariners Let Lead Slip Away Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- Justin Auger Loaned to Belleville of American Hockey League - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - December 11 - ECHL
- Ouellette Returns to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Darik Angeli Recalled by AHL Tucson - Norfolk Admirals
- Rays Fans Establish New Team Record, Donate 8,570 Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Railers 2.0 Host Three Games this Week at the DCU Center in Worcester - Worcester Railers HC
- Powell Recalled to Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Add Forward Julien Nantel to Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- 'Blades Weekly: Rematch with Swamp Rabbits Starts 3-Game Week - Florida Everblades
- Wings Add Naud Before Trip to Brampton - Kalamazoo Wings
- Lane Recalled by Milwaukee - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wells Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Wichita Thunder
- Wichita's Wells Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Steelheads, St. Luke's Bring "Turtle Power" For Nickelodeon Night This Saturday - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals Sign Rookie F Tyler Bird - Reading Royals
- Mayor Curry Endorses Guns n' Hoses Game at City Hall - Jacksonville IceMen
- Cam Brown & Nick Saracino Named Inglasco ECHL Players of the Week - Wheeling Nailers
- Wheeling's Brown, Saracino Named Co-Recipients of Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Defenseman Desmond Bergin Returns from Second AHL Stint - Adirondack Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Rapid Reaction: 'Blades Score Twice in 7-Second Span to Top Rush, 4-0
- 'Blades Weekly: Season's Only Trip West Set for this Weekend
- Return of McCarron, Sheppard Highlights String of Roster Moves
- 'Blades Forward Kyle Platzer Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week
- Everblades Hop Away with Another High-Scoring Win in 10-4 Rout