Blades Round out Pre-Season with 6-2 Win over ICE
Saskatoon, SK - The Saskatoon Blades (4-0-1-0) finished their 2019 Pre-Season Campaign on Saturday Night with a big 6-2 win over the Winnipeg ICE (1-3-0-0) at SaskTel Centre.
Despite the lopsided scoreline, the Blades were outshot by the ICE 24 to 38. Backup netminder Koen MacInnes played a large role in the team's win by stopping 36 of Winnipeg's shots, finishing his second start of the pre-season with a healthy .947 save percentage.
Cyle McNabb led from the front, scoring two of the Blades' three power play goals of the evening. 20-year-old Riley McKay nabbed the other man-advantage goal for the Blades, tipping in a Parker Malchuk shot.
Malchuk, who joined the Blades in a deal with the Victoria Royals on August 14th, scored his first goal of the Pre-Season after sneaking into the slot and sniping truly into the top-left-corner of the net.
Lively forward Kyle Crnkovic continued his red-hot Pre-Season with two assists against the ICE on Saturday night, bringing his point total to 9 (3G-6A) in four games played. Crnkovic finished the Pre-Season on a four game point streak and had multi-point outings in every Pre-Season game he dressed for.
Brandon Lisowsky notched an assist on McNabb's first power play tally, bringing the 15-year-old's first Pre-Season point total to 5 points (1G-4A) in five games played. He also finished the Pre-Season riding a three game point streak.
Meanwhile 20-year-old blueliner Nolan Kneen made his return to Saskatoon known, dangling in a beautiful unassisted goal toward the end of the first period. Likewise, Randen Schmidt's return to the lineup saw him score a nifty short-handed goal. 16-year-old Colton Dach earned the lone assist on Schmidt's short-handed snipe, bringing the forward's point total to 6 (4G-2A) in five Pre-Season games played.
Next time the Blades' take to the ice it will be for points in the 2019-20 Western Hockey League Regular Season. The Blades will face the Defending Champion Raiders in Prince Albert on Friday the 20th of September before hosting the Raiders at SaskTel Centre on Saturday the 21st for the Home Opener.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 14, 2019
- Oil Kings Complete Pre-Season Sweep with Win over Cougars - Edmonton Oil Kings
- 20-Year-Old Jadon Joseph Headed to Moose Jaw - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Costly Penalties Result in 3-1 Loss for Americans - Tri-City Americans
- Blades Round out Pre-Season with 6-2 Win over ICE - Saskatoon Blades
- Tigers Fall Short in Taber - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Raiders End Pre-Season with Win over Pats - Prince Albert Raiders
- Broncos Cap off Pre-Season with 2-1 Win over Lethbridge - Swift Current Broncos
- ICE Conclude 2019 Pre-Season Schedule with Loss to Saskatoon - Winnipeg Ice
- Hitmen Earn Preseason Win - Calgary Hitmen
- Pats Downed in Preseason Finale - Regina Pats
- Warriors Take Final Pre-Season Game 2-1 - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Oil Kings Edge Cougars in OT - Prince George Cougars
- Pats Announce Leadership Group for 2019-20 Season - Regina Pats
- Giants Trade Overage Forward Jadon Joseph to Moose Jaw - Vancouver Giants
- Pre Game Report: Winnipeg ICE Close out Pre-Season Schedule with Rematch against Blades - Winnipeg Ice
- Your Team Could be the Next MNP MVT - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings Beat Warriors Friday; Host Moose Jaw Tonight - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Blades Jump out to Early Lead, Hang on for 4-3 Victory over ICE - Winnipeg Ice
- Blades Edge ICE 4-3 in Game 4 of Pre-Season - Saskatoon Blades
- Rebels Fall Short in Preseason Contest Versus Visiting Tigers - Red Deer Rebels
- Rockets falter in Kamloops - Kelowna Rockets
- O'Rourke's OT Winner Lifts Broncos over Hurricanes - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats Close Home Pre-season Slate with 3-2 Shootout Loss - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.