Your Team Could be the Next MNP MVT
Brandon, MB. - Do you know a local sports team that deserves the title "Most Valuable Team"?
A team that succeeds on the field, the ice, the pitch or just as important, in their community.
If you do know such a team then be sure to nominate them for the MNP MVT award as the Brandon Wheat Kings have announced the return of the popular program for the 2019-20 Western Hockey League season.
The initiative, introduced by MNP eight years ago, supports youth involved in amateur athletics and recognizes the volunteer efforts of their coaches. Under terms of this program, twenty-five seats for every Wheat Kings' Saturday night home game will be awarded to western Manitoba sports teams and organizations.
"MNP is thrilled to bring back the Most Valuable Team Program for another exciting season of Wheat King Hockey. Having the opportunity to provide an unforgettable experience for youth sports teams in Western Manitoba is something we are very proud of." says Patti Bell, CPA, CA, Regional Managing Partner for MNP's Southern Manitoba Region.
The MNP MVT program is open to western Manitoba athletes ages eight to seventeen and their coaches or assistant coaches. Youth teams from any sport can apply, from minor hockey to swimming and high school sports.
Applications to attend Wheat Kings' Saturday night home games this season, beginning with the October 5th game against the visiting Edmonton Oil Kings are now being accepted. Coaches, managers or other team officials can enter their team online at https://wheatkings.com/mnp-most-valuable-team.
In addition to the tickets, all winning teams will receive complimentary copies of the Wheat Kings 2019-20 Souvenir Program. As well, each week the winning team will be introduced during the game on the video scoreboard at Westoba Place.
MNP has a long history of supporting sport across Canada and is committed to helping community organizations through programs like the MNP MVT and this partnership with the Wheat Kings.
2019-20 MNP MVT NIGHTS:
Sat. October 5th vs. Edmonton Oil Kings
Sat. November 2nd vs. Lethbridge Hurricanes
Sat. November 23rd vs. Regina Pats
Sat. January 25th vs. Lethbridge Hurricanes
Sat. February 22nd vs. Prince Albert Raiders
Saturday, March 7th vs. Prince Albert Raiders
Saturday, March 14th vs. Saskatoon Blades
Saturday, March 21st vs. Winnipeg Ice
On the ice, the Wheat Kings close out their 4-game pre-season schedule Saturday night vs. Moose Jaw.
Tickets to Saturday's pre-season finale as well as next Friday's Home Opener are on sale now at the Keystone Centre box office, by calling (204) 726-3555 or online at keystonecentre.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 14, 2019
- Oil Kings Complete Pre-Season Sweep with Win over Cougars - Edmonton Oil Kings
- 20-Year-Old Jadon Joseph Headed to Moose Jaw - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Costly Penalties Result in 3-1 Loss for Americans - Tri-City Americans
- Blades Round out Pre-Season with 6-2 Win over ICE - Saskatoon Blades
- Tigers Fall Short in Taber - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Raiders End Pre-Season with Win over Pats - Prince Albert Raiders
- Broncos Cap off Pre-Season with 2-1 Win over Lethbridge - Swift Current Broncos
- ICE Conclude 2019 Pre-Season Schedule with Loss to Saskatoon - Winnipeg Ice
- Hitmen Earn Preseason Win - Calgary Hitmen
- Pats Downed in Preseason Finale - Regina Pats
- Warriors Take Final Pre-Season Game 2-1 - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Oil Kings Edge Cougars in OT - Prince George Cougars
- Pats Announce Leadership Group for 2019-20 Season - Regina Pats
- Giants Trade Overage Forward Jadon Joseph to Moose Jaw - Vancouver Giants
- Pre Game Report: Winnipeg ICE Close out Pre-Season Schedule with Rematch against Blades - Winnipeg Ice
- Your Team Could be the Next MNP MVT - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings Beat Warriors Friday; Host Moose Jaw Tonight - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Blades Jump out to Early Lead, Hang on for 4-3 Victory over ICE - Winnipeg Ice
- Blades Edge ICE 4-3 in Game 4 of Pre-Season - Saskatoon Blades
- Rebels Fall Short in Preseason Contest Versus Visiting Tigers - Red Deer Rebels
- Rockets falter in Kamloops - Kelowna Rockets
- O'Rourke's OT Winner Lifts Broncos over Hurricanes - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats Close Home Pre-season Slate with 3-2 Shootout Loss - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Brandon Wheat Kings Stories
- Don MacGillivray Named Head Coach of the Brandon Wheat Kings
- Lowry Accepts Coaching Position with the Winnipeg Jets
- One Year After Injury, Ritchie Hungry for Upcoming Season
- The Wheat Kings at the Masters
- Brandon Wheat Kings Launch the BWK myITsource NHL21 Tournament