Warriors Take Final Pre-Season Game 2-1
Brandon, MB. - The Brandon Wheat Kings closed out their 2019 Western Hockey League pre-season schedule Saturday night by dropping a 2-1 decision to the visiting Moose Jaw Warriors.
The Wheat Kings, who beat the Warriors 5-2 Friday night in Moose Jaw, finished the pre-season with a record of 2-2-0.
The loss spoiled the return of veteran Jiri Patera to the Brandon net as the 20-year old was reassigned Friday afternoon by the National Hockey League's Vegas Golden Knights.
Patera was sharp and he had to be, especially in the first period, when he turned aside fifteen of 16 shots. Overall, he made 33 saves as Moose Jaw outshot the Wheat Kings 35-27.
Cade Hayes and Eric Alerie scored powerplay goals for the Warriors, who went 2 for six with the man advantage.
Lynden McCallum had the lone goal for the Wheat Kings, who finished the game 0 for 3 on the powerplay.
With the club's 4-game pre-season schedule behind them, focus now turns on what should be an exciting night this Friday when the Wheat Kings bring the curtain up on their 2019-20 regular season schedule against the visiting Winnipeg Ice.
In addition to a special pre-game ceremony on the ice, the Wheat Kings and Keystone Centre will be unveiling their brand new HD Video Scoreboard high above center ice.
Tickets to this year's Home Opener, presented by the Brandon Sun, go back on sale Monday morning at the Keystone Centre box office. Fans can also order online all day Sunday by visiting keystonecentre.ca
Speaking of tickets, 2019-20 Season Tickets are still available at the Wheat Kings' office and the club's exciting 5-game Manitoba Mini Pack is available until Friday at the Keystone Centre box office.
More details regarding plans for this year's Home Opener will be announced in the days ahead.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 14, 2019
- Oil Kings Complete Pre-Season Sweep with Win over Cougars - Edmonton Oil Kings
- 20-Year-Old Jadon Joseph Headed to Moose Jaw - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Costly Penalties Result in 3-1 Loss for Americans - Tri-City Americans
- Blades Round out Pre-Season with 6-2 Win over ICE - Saskatoon Blades
- Tigers Fall Short in Taber - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Raiders End Pre-Season with Win over Pats - Prince Albert Raiders
- Broncos Cap off Pre-Season with 2-1 Win over Lethbridge - Swift Current Broncos
- ICE Conclude 2019 Pre-Season Schedule with Loss to Saskatoon - Winnipeg Ice
- Hitmen Earn Preseason Win - Calgary Hitmen
- Pats Downed in Preseason Finale - Regina Pats
- Warriors Take Final Pre-Season Game 2-1 - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Oil Kings Edge Cougars in OT - Prince George Cougars
- Pats Announce Leadership Group for 2019-20 Season - Regina Pats
- Giants Trade Overage Forward Jadon Joseph to Moose Jaw - Vancouver Giants
- Pre Game Report: Winnipeg ICE Close out Pre-Season Schedule with Rematch against Blades - Winnipeg Ice
- Your Team Could be the Next MNP MVT - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings Beat Warriors Friday; Host Moose Jaw Tonight - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Blades Jump out to Early Lead, Hang on for 4-3 Victory over ICE - Winnipeg Ice
- Blades Edge ICE 4-3 in Game 4 of Pre-Season - Saskatoon Blades
- Rebels Fall Short in Preseason Contest Versus Visiting Tigers - Red Deer Rebels
- Rockets falter in Kamloops - Kelowna Rockets
- O'Rourke's OT Winner Lifts Broncos over Hurricanes - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats Close Home Pre-season Slate with 3-2 Shootout Loss - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.