Pre Game Report: Winnipeg ICE Close out Pre-Season Schedule with Rematch against Blades
Saskatoon, SK - The Winnipeg ICE conclude its 2019 pre-season schedule when it visits the Saskatoon Blades for the second time in as many days on Saturday night.
Puck drop is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. CT.
The ICE are 1-2 in three exhibition games, while the Blades are 3-0-1.
The ICE are coming off of a 4-3 loss to the Blades on Friday night. The home team jumped out to an early 3-0 advantage before the ICE responded with two goals, cutting the lead to 4-2 after 40-minutes of play. ICE 2001-born forward Jakin Smallwood scored a late goal to get his team within one, but that is as close as the Winnipeg squad would get.
Cole Muir and Reece Harsch added the other goals for the ICE. Harsch, a former member of the Blades, finished with two points.
The ICE begin its 2019-2020 regular season on the road against the Brandon Wheat Kings on Friday, September 20. The ICE host its Home Opener presented by Nutrien Ag Solutions on Saturday, September 21. A special pre-game ceremony is scheduled for approximately 7:30 P.M., however, the Inaugural Winnipeg ICE Home Opener Pre-Party begins at 5:00 P.M. at the Fieldhouse attached to Wayne Fleming Arena on the University of Manitoba campus.
Experience the Winnipeg ICE home opener by purchasing a mini pack TODAY!
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 14, 2019
- Oil Kings Complete Pre-Season Sweep with Win over Cougars - Edmonton Oil Kings
- 20-Year-Old Jadon Joseph Headed to Moose Jaw - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Costly Penalties Result in 3-1 Loss for Americans - Tri-City Americans
- Blades Round out Pre-Season with 6-2 Win over ICE - Saskatoon Blades
- Tigers Fall Short in Taber - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Raiders End Pre-Season with Win over Pats - Prince Albert Raiders
- Broncos Cap off Pre-Season with 2-1 Win over Lethbridge - Swift Current Broncos
- ICE Conclude 2019 Pre-Season Schedule with Loss to Saskatoon - Winnipeg Ice
- Hitmen Earn Preseason Win - Calgary Hitmen
- Pats Downed in Preseason Finale - Regina Pats
- Warriors Take Final Pre-Season Game 2-1 - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Oil Kings Edge Cougars in OT - Prince George Cougars
- Pats Announce Leadership Group for 2019-20 Season - Regina Pats
- Giants Trade Overage Forward Jadon Joseph to Moose Jaw - Vancouver Giants
- Pre Game Report: Winnipeg ICE Close out Pre-Season Schedule with Rematch against Blades - Winnipeg Ice
- Your Team Could be the Next MNP MVT - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings Beat Warriors Friday; Host Moose Jaw Tonight - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Blades Jump out to Early Lead, Hang on for 4-3 Victory over ICE - Winnipeg Ice
- Blades Edge ICE 4-3 in Game 4 of Pre-Season - Saskatoon Blades
- Rebels Fall Short in Preseason Contest Versus Visiting Tigers - Red Deer Rebels
- Rockets falter in Kamloops - Kelowna Rockets
- O'Rourke's OT Winner Lifts Broncos over Hurricanes - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats Close Home Pre-season Slate with 3-2 Shootout Loss - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Ice Stories
- Winnipeg ICE Launch Virtual Teddy Bear Toss in Support of the Children's Hospital Foundation's Child Life Program
- Winnipeg ICE Issue Statement Regarding the Western Hockey League Confirmed January 8, 2020-2021 Regular Season Start Date
- Winnipeg ICE Partner with Hockey Manitoba in Support of Manitoba's Safe Return to Hockey
- Winnipeg ICE and Canadian Cancer Society Announce Partnership
- Registration Open for Winnipeg ICE Hockey School