Andersson Loaned to Ontario; Fagemo, Spence Recalled by LA
ONTARIO, CA - The LA Kings announced the following roster transactions Tuesday morning:
Forward Lias Andersson has been loaned to the Ontario Reign (AHL).
Forward Samuel Fagemo and defenseman Jordan Spence have been recalled from Ontario.
Andersson, 24, made his Kings season debut this past Sunday against the Ottawa Senators, going scoreless with one shot on goal in 8:37 of ice time. Through 12 AHL games this season, the 6-1, 185-pound forward has registered nine points (5-4=9) to rank third among all Reign skaters in goals (5) and fourth in both assists (4) and points (9). Last season, he appeared in 20 games for the Kings, tallying two points (1-1=2) and added six points (6-0=6) in four outings with the Reign. In 110 career NHL games, the Smogen, Sweden native has posted 17 points (7-10=17) and 57 PIM (penalty minutes) with the Kings and New York Rangers and added 71 points (32-39=71) in 105 AHL games with the Reign and Hartford Wolf Pack.
Fagemo, 22, has skated in 15 games with the Reign this season, earning eight points (6-2=8) to lead the club in goals (6) and power-play goals (4) while also ranking fifth in points. Last season, the 6-0, 200-pound forward made his NHL debut on Jan. 13 against Pittsburgh and appeared in four contests with the Kings. Selected by the Kings 50th overall in the second round of the 2019 NHL Draft, the Goteborg, Sweden native has registered 70 points (43-27=70) with a plus-9 rating and 44 PIM in 110 career AHL games with Ontario.
Spence, 21, has appeared in all 17 games for the Reign this season, recording 16 points (1-15=16) to lead club defensemen in assists (15) and points (16) while ranking second among all team skaters in both categories. Among AHL defensemen leaders, the 5-10, 180-pound blueliner ranks second in assists and shots (58) and fourth in points. Spence made his NHL debut with the Kings last season, appearing in 24 games and earning eight points (2-6=8), while leading Kings rookie defensemen in time-on-ice per game (19:45). In his first professional season with the Reign in 2021-22, he posted 42 points (4-38=42) with a plus-18 rating and 28 PIM to lead AHL rookie defensemen in assists (38) and points (42) and earn AHL First All-Star Team and AHL All-Rookie Team honors.
The Reign continue their homestand on Friday night with a matchup against the Colorado Eagles at Toyota Arena at 7 p.m.
Tickets for all Reign home games are available for purchase through axs.com and ontarioreign.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2022
- San Diego Gulls Sign Andrew Nielsen to Professional Tryout - San Diego Gulls
- Monsters Sign Veteran Defenseman Brandon Davidson to AHL Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- T-Birds Raise $10,500 for Rock 102 Mayflower Marathon - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Hockey Fights Cancer Night December 16 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Assign Simon Kubicek to Newfoundland - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Jack LaFontaine to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Cates Returns, Gerard and Maier to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- This Week in Iowa Wild Hockey - Iowa Wild
- Firebirds Light up the La Quinta Resort - Coachella Valley Firebirds
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Nevada Donor Network as a Member of Silver Society - Henderson Silver Knights
- Tip-A-Griffin Returns on December 5 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Sign Defenseman Darren Brady to PTO - San Jose Barracuda
- Andersson Loaned to Ontario; Fagemo, Spence Recalled by LA - Ontario Reign
- Griffins Welcome Texas for Pair of Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Billy Sweezey to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Dallas Loans Forward Fredrik Karlstrom to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at San Jose Barracuda - Iowa Wild
- Phillips Named AHL Player of the Week - Calgary Wranglers
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Penguins, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Griffins Recall Trenton Bliss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- W-B/Scranton Picking up Steam with Points in Five of Its Last Six Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Power Play Presented by Provident Bank - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Back with the Barracuda - Tucson Roadrunners
- USPHL Permier, Elite Nationals to be Held in Utica in March 2023 - Utica Comets
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.