Phantoms Power Play Presented by Provident Bank
Lehigh Valley, PA - The Lehigh Valley Phantoms have points in seven of their last eight games (6-1-1) entering their last game in the month of November. The Phantoms are coming off a record-setting performance in a Saturday win again Rochester in which Lehigh Valley allowed just 15 shots on goal and the team took three out of four points on the weekend. Lehigh Valley (8-6-2) hosts Hershey on Wednesday as part of Military Appreciation Night presented by Netizen and then will head down south for a pair of games at the Charlotte Checkers this weekend.
Friday, November 25, 2022
Penguins 3 - Phantoms 2 (SO)
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms had a 2-0 lead on goals by Tyson Foerster and Elliot Desnoyers combined with some great goaltending by Pat Nagle. But Penguins veteran goalie Dustin Tokarski kept his team within striking distance and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton scored two goals in the last seven minutes to eventually win in a shootout. Drake Caggiula's shorthanded marker with 2:01 left evened the score at 2-2 for another Lehigh Valley overtime game at Wilkes-Barre. Both of Lehigh Valley's visits to Northeast Pennsylvania have gone to OT.
Saturday, November 26, 2022
Phantoms 5 - Americans 1
It was a dominating rout over Rochester in a complete performance that has to rate as the team's best of the year. The Phantoms' first home game in two weeks saw Olle Lycksell blast home one goal while also contributing three assists to mark the first time this season a Phantom had four points in a game. Artem Anisimov scored twice for his first goals in the AHL since 2009. Tyson Foerster (5th) and Elliot Desnoyers (7th) also found the back of the net while Louie Belpedio and Kevin Connauton each had two assists. Lehigh Valley outshot Rochester 40-15 including by a 35-7 margin in the first 40 minutes. The game set a Lehigh Valley record for the fewest shots allowed and fell one shy of the all-time franchise record held by the Philadelphia Phantoms.
Nov 28 - Delete Egor Zamula (D) - Recalled to Philadelphia
PHANTOMS RECORD BOOK
Fewest Shots Allowed
14 Philadelphia Phantoms at Toronto, Dec. 18, 2003
14 Philadelphia Phantoms vs. Hershey, Oct. 26, 1997
15 Lehigh Valley vs. Rochester, Nov. 26, 2022
16 Lehigh Valley at Hershey, Mar. 1, 2015
- Artem Anisimov scored two goals on Saturday. The NHL veteran of 771 games scored his first AHL goals since April 11, 2009 when he was an AHL All-Star with the Hartford Wolf Pack and finished 4th in the league with 37 goals.
- Rookie goalie Nolan Maier recorded the win in his AHL debut on Saturday with 14 saves against Rochester.
- Olle Lycksell's third goal of the season was his first at home.
- Lycksell's four-point game was the first of the season for Lehigh Valley and the first since Wade Allison had four points at Springfield on March 19, 2022
- Olle Lycksell's three-assist game was the first time a Phantoms player had done that since January 29, 2022 when Wyatte Wylie had three helpers at Charlotte
Wednesday, November 30 at 7:05
PPL Center, Allentown, PA
Phantoms vs. Hershey Bears
Hershey (12-4-2) arrives to PPL Center on a three-game win streak and winners in 10 of its last 12. The Bears recently pushed through in three straight low-scoring goaltenders' duels including a 1-0 shootout win at Hartford on Saturday. That followed 2-1 wins at Hartford and Springfield. The Bears are 2-0-0 against Lehigh Valley this season as they make their first visit to Allentown. This is Game 3 out of 14 in the rivalry series this season. Hunter Sheppard (5-0-2, 1.69, .940) has snagged the league's top spot among goalies while Zach Fucale (7-4-0, 2.00, .913) isn't far behind in fourth. The Bears are a league-best for goals against (2.06) and shots allowed (25.4) per contest and their 87.1% penalty kill is second. Mason Morelli (3-10-13) leads the Bears in scoring while former Phantom, Mike Vecchione (5-7-12), is next and has two goals and two assists against his ex-team.
Friday, December 2 at 7:00 and Saturday, December 3 at 6:00
Bojangles' Coliseum, Charlotte, NC
Phantoms at Charlotte Checkers
Charlotte (11-5-3) raced out of the gate with a 4-0-0 start and has gone 5-1-1 in its last seven games. Charlotte and Lehigh Valley will play each other four times over nine days from December 2-10. The AHL affiliate of the Florida Panthers is coming off a split of OT games against the Utica Comets in which they traded 3-2 decisions. The Checkers lead the league with nine overtime games. NHL veteran Riley Nash (5-11-16) paces the offense. The 33-year-old center has played in 627 career NHL games with Carolina, Columbus and Boston among other teams. Zac Dalpe (10-4-14) leads the Checkers in goals. Nash and Dalpe were teammates in 2010-11 when the Charlotte Checkers debuted in the AHL.
Four former Phantoms or Flyers are on the Charlotte roster including Alex Lyon, Connor Bunnaman, Gerry Mayhew and Michael Del Zotto. Lyon (6-3-1, 2.75, .908) won the Calder Cup with the Chicago Wolves last year and is Lehigh Valley's all-time winningest goalie over parts of five seasons accumulating 85 victories from 2017-21 in 149 career games for the Orange and Black.
- Lehigh Valley has points in seven of the last eight games with a 6-1-1 mark.
- Rookie Elliot Desnoyers is on a two-game goal streak and leads the Phantoms with seven goals.
- Tyson Foerster has a five-game point streak which is the longest for the Phantoms this season. He also has a two-game goal streak.
- Lehigh Valley's top five scorers are all rookies or young prospects: Tyson Foerster (5-7-12), Cam York (5-7-12), Olle Lycksell (3-8-11), Elliot Desnoyers (7-2-9), Ronnie Attard (4-5-9)
- The Phantoms are 6-2-2 in one-goal games and 10 of the team's 16 games have been decided by a single goal.
- The Phantoms have 40 shots or more in three of the last four games. They have 34 or more shots in five consecutive games as well as seven out of nine games in November.
- The Phantoms are 3-2 in decisions after regulation having gone 2-1 in overtime and 1-1 in shotoouts.
PHANTOMS SCORING LEADERS
Tyson Foerster 5-7-12
Cam York 5-7-12
Olle Lycksell 3-8-11
Elliot Desnoyers 7-2-9
Ronnie Attard 4-5-9
Wednesday, November 30 (7:05) vs. HERSHEY BEARS
Friday, December 2 (7:00) at Charlotte Checkers
Saturday, December 3 (6:00) at Charlotte Checkers
Wednesday, December 7 (7:00) at Hartford Wolf Pack
Friday, December 9 (7:05) vs. CHARLOTTE CHECKERS
Saturday, December 10 (7:05) vs. CHARLOTTE CHECKERS
Wednesday, November 30 (7:05) vs. Hershey Bears - Military Appreciation Night Presented by Netizen
Friday, December 9 (7:05) vs. Charlotte Checkers - Berks $1 Hot Dogs!
Saturday, December 10 (7:05) vs. Charlotte Checkers - Phantoms Hat Giveaway Presented by Service Electric
Saturday, December 17 (7:05) vs. Providence Bruins - Teddy Bear Toss Presented by Big Woody's
Broadcast coverage of all Phantoms games is available on the Phantoms 365 app and on 1470-WSAN. Fans can watch on AHLTV.com and can listen on their Smart Speakers at: "Play Phantoms Radio 24/7." Join Voice of the Phantoms, Bob Rotruck, for all the action!
Service Electric Network again provides exclusive television coverage of all Phantoms home games with veteran announcer Steve Degler and Phantoms' alum Steven Swavely on the call from the booth. Kristi Fulkerson reports from ice level and also from the Chickie's and Pete's studio with Dan Fremuth for pregame, intermission and postgame show analysis.
Images from this story
Lehigh Valley Phantoms right wing Olle Lycksell
Lehigh Valley Phantoms center Artem Anisimov (left)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2022
- San Diego Gulls Sign Andrew Nielsen to Professional Tryout - San Diego Gulls
- Monsters Sign Veteran Defenseman Brandon Davidson to AHL Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- T-Birds Raise $10,500 for Rock 102 Mayflower Marathon - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Hockey Fights Cancer Night December 16 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Assign Simon Kubicek to Newfoundland - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Jack LaFontaine to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Cates Returns, Gerard and Maier to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- This Week in Iowa Wild Hockey - Iowa Wild
- Firebirds Light up the La Quinta Resort - Coachella Valley Firebirds
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Nevada Donor Network as a Member of Silver Society - Henderson Silver Knights
- Tip-A-Griffin Returns on December 5 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Sign Defenseman Darren Brady to PTO - San Jose Barracuda
- Andersson Loaned to Ontario; Fagemo, Spence Recalled by LA - Ontario Reign
- Griffins Welcome Texas for Pair of Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Billy Sweezey to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Dallas Loans Forward Fredrik Karlstrom to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at San Jose Barracuda - Iowa Wild
- Phillips Named AHL Player of the Week - Calgary Wranglers
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Penguins, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Griffins Recall Trenton Bliss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- W-B/Scranton Picking up Steam with Points in Five of Its Last Six Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Power Play Presented by Provident Bank - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Back with the Barracuda - Tucson Roadrunners
- USPHL Permier, Elite Nationals to be Held in Utica in March 2023 - Utica Comets
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.