Admirals Stopped by Moose
Milwaukee, WI - Devin Cooley stopped 33 of the 34 shots he faced in net, but it wasn't enough as the Admirals were unable to get one past Manitoba goalie Mikhail Berdin in a 2-0 Ads loss to the Moose on Wednesday night at Panther Arena.
The only goal of the night scored on Cooley came with 4:35 remaining in the second period. Just 10 seconds after killing off an Ads power-play that featured a number of quality scoring chances, Manitoba's Luke Johnson cleaned up the rebound of Simon Lundmark shot for his third of the season.
Johnson's goal was all the support that Berdin, who finished with 24 saves, would need as he and the Moose defense shut the door on Milwaukee the rest of the way. Cooley was pulled in favor of an extra attacker with 1:58 to play, but Austin Poganski's empty netter with 50 seconds left sealed the deal for the Moose.
The game was the third time this season that the Ads were held off the scoresheet.
The Admirals hit the road for a quick three-game roadtrip beginning Friday night at 8 pm CT at the Colorado Eagles. The team's next home game will be one week from tonight as they take on the Texas Stars for the first time this season at Panther Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2022
- Former Captain Warsofsky Named to USA Olympic Team - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- San Diego Gulls Sign Defenseman Mike Mckee to PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Kyle Criscuolo Heads East - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Iowa Wild Recalls Forward Bryce Misley from Iowa Heartlanders - Iowa Wild
- Pat Nagle Selected for U.S.A. Olympics Team - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Providence Bruins Defenseman Aaron Ness Named to 2022 U.S. Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Team - Providence Bruins
- Abbotsford Canucks at San Diego Gulls Preview - Abbotsford Canucks
- San Diego Gulls to Host First-Ever Marvel Super Hero Night this Saturday, January 15 - San Diego Gulls
- Bunnaman and Sandstrom Return to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- T-Birds Host Throwback Night Saturday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Daniel Walcott from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Shepard, Bears Shut-Out Penguins, 3-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Clurman Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Heat, Condors Game Friday Postponed - Stockton Heat
- American Hockey League Postpones Friday's Stockton-Bakersfield Game - AHL
- Condors Friday Home Game Postponed - Bakersfield Condors
- Forward Josiah Slavin Heads Back to the Chicago Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- Dallas Stars Reassign Forward Riley Damiani to Taxi Squad - Texas Stars
- Wolves Add Lyon, Marino and Wells - Chicago Wolves
- Mighty Griffs Night and Winning Wednesday Among Upcoming Promotions - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Gabriel Enters COVID-19 Protocol - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Wild Signs Forward Eric Staal to PTO - Iowa Wild
- Roadrunners Rally For Come-From-Behind 4-3 Victory Against San Jose Barracuda - Tucson Roadrunners
- Silver Knights Defeat Heat, 5-2 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Barracuda Allow Three in the Third, Fall 4-3 to Tucson - San Jose Barracuda
- Belleville Sens Open Road Trip with Loss in Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Heat Fall Wednesday at Henderson - Stockton Heat
- Griffins Point Streak Ends at Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Outlast Utica in High-Scoring Affair - Rochester Americans
- Berdin Leads Moose to Shutout Win at Milwaukee - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Stopped by Moose - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.