5-Run First Proves Too Much for Beloit
BELOIT, WI - An early 5-run outburst from Burlington was too much to overcome tonight as Beloit was unable to avoid the sweep falling 5-3. However, Beloit would get 3 runs late and outhit the Bees, but it would not be enough eventually losing the ballgame.
After a 5-run outburst for Burlington in the first, the Snappers would hold the Bees off the scoreboard and start to chip away later in the game. Beloit would get runs in both the sixth and eighth innings to cut the lead, but stingy Bees pitching would halt any comeback attempt.
In the sixth, Beloit would get on the board after loading the bases with no outs in the inning.
Moments later, Lester Madden would ground into a force out to plate Devin Foyle and get the Snappers on the scoreboard trailing 5-1.
Beloit would then continue to chip away knocking in two more in the eighth. After a walk with one out, Madden would rip a double to cut the Snappers deficit now to within 3 runs.
Beloit would then keep the inning alive plating another run just two batters later with a runner on third and two outs. Nick Ward would deliver this time, hitting a single to center field and slice the Snappers deficit to just 2 runs.
Unfortunately though, that would be all the scoring the rest of the game for Beloit as they would lose to the Bees by a final of 5-3.
Beloit will be back in action tomorrow when they open up against the Kane County Cougars for the final time this year at Pohlman Field. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 for a Snappy's Kid's Club Wednesday.
The Beloit Snappers are a member of the Midwest League and have been the Single-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. For more ticket information, contact the Snappers office at (608) 362- 2272 or visit our website, www.snappersbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 20, 2019
- Whitecaps Drop Homestand Finale - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bandits Finish Homestand with Impressive 9-3 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cubs Earn Massive Series Win against Loons in 4-3 Finale - South Bend Cubs
- LumberKings Take Series with 6-5 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Lose by a Foot - Kane County Cougars
- Lingos Out-Duels Whitecaps - Lake County Captains
- Loons Drop Finale to Cubs - Great Lakes Loons
- Cruz Tosses Another Brilliant Start for 'Caps - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits Defeat Kernels in Finale - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Fall 7-2 Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Lazar Strikes Out Ten in 7-2 Win at Peoria - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 5-Run First Proves Too Much for Beloit - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 20 vs. Bowling Green (Game 125) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lopez's Hitting Streak Ends in 7-2 Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Collect Hits in Every Inning, Top Lansing 7-2 to Split Series - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Homestand Preview for August 21-23 - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Host Dayton Area Police Night at Fifth Third Field on August 22 - Dayton Dragons
- BG Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Community Field to Host 20th Annual Oktoberfest - Burlington Bees
- LumberKings Return Home for Seven-Game Stand - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons to Recognize Dayton Power and Light as "Community All-Star" - Dayton Dragons
- Catcher Danner Returns to Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps "Cruzâ? to Victory - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.