Dragons Host Dayton Area Police Night at Fifth Third Field on August 22
Dayton, Ohio - The Dayton Dragons are pleased to welcome the Dayton Area Police to Fifth Third Field on Thursday, August 22, when the Dragons host the Fort Wayne TinCaps at 7:00 p.m. The night at the ballpark will also raise money for a Bootleggers, Bandits, and Badges exhibit that tells the story of Prohibition Era Dayton.
Fans are invited to get to the ballpark early and check out a large, interactive display on the plaza. The Dayton Police Department (DPD) will have tables set up for fans to see SWAT gear as well as a Bat Car, bomb squad items, motorcycles and bicycles all used by the DPD. McGruff the Crime Dog will also be on the plaza to interact with fans and take photos.
Once fans are in the park, the DPD will be a part of the pregame festivities. Retired Lt. Colonel Virgil F. McDaniel will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. McDaniel was the Dayton Assistant Police Chief from 1990 to 1994 and served on the Ohio Fraternal Order of Police executive board for over 30 years. Following the ceremonial first pitch, the Dayton Police Department's Color Guard will present to colors for the performing of the national anthem.
The Department is raising money through the Dayton Police History Foundation for the Bootleggers, Bandits and Badges exhibit that will open on October 28 at Carillon Park. The exhibit will primarily feature tools of the trade from the early 20th century used by both police and gangsters. This includes a paddy wagon, a 1921 colt machine gun, also known as a "Tommy Gun", and items from when "Public Enemy #1" John Dillinger was arrested in Dayton.
More Information: The Dayton Dragons are the Midwest League affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds and play a 70-game home schedule at beautiful Fifth Third Field in downtown Dayton, easily accessible from Interstate 75. Individuals and groups seeking information about Dayton Dragons group tickets, lawn tickets, the season ticket wait list, sponsorship opportunities or booking a Dragons speaker are encouraged to contact the Dragons by calling at (937) 228-2287, emailing at [email protected], or on the web at daytondragons.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 20, 2019
- Whitecaps Drop Homestand Finale - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bandits Finish Homestand with Impressive 9-3 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cubs Earn Massive Series Win against Loons in 4-3 Finale - South Bend Cubs
- LumberKings Take Series with 6-5 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Lose by a Foot - Kane County Cougars
- Lingos Out-Duels Whitecaps - Lake County Captains
- Loons Drop Finale to Cubs - Great Lakes Loons
- Cruz Tosses Another Brilliant Start for 'Caps - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits Defeat Kernels in Finale - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Fall 7-2 Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Lazar Strikes Out Ten in 7-2 Win at Peoria - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 5-Run First Proves Too Much for Beloit - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 20 vs. Bowling Green (Game 125) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lopez's Hitting Streak Ends in 7-2 Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Collect Hits in Every Inning, Top Lansing 7-2 to Split Series - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Homestand Preview for August 21-23 - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Host Dayton Area Police Night at Fifth Third Field on August 22 - Dayton Dragons
- BG Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Community Field to Host 20th Annual Oktoberfest - Burlington Bees
- LumberKings Return Home for Seven-Game Stand - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons to Recognize Dayton Power and Light as "Community All-Star" - Dayton Dragons
- Catcher Danner Returns to Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps "Cruzâ? to Victory - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dayton Dragons announce holiday "50/50 Raffle" Presented by Day Air Credit Union Benefitting The Dayton Foodbank
- Dragons Special 50/50 Raffle to Benefit COVID-19 Response Fund & African-American Community Fund
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled
- Dayton Dragons Issue Statement Regarding Governor's Order
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 3: Second Basemen