Chiefs Fall 7-2 Tuesday
Peoria, IL - After allowing one big inning, the Peoria Chiefs fell to the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers 7-2 Tuesday night at Dozer Park. Imeldo Diaz went one-for-three with two RBI to earn the Pekin Insurance Beyond the Expected Player of the Game.
The Chiefs entered the bottom of the sixth trailing 7-0 but got on the board against Wisconsin starter Max Lazar. With one out, Brady Whalen singled and advanced to third on a single by Brendan Donovan. With runners at the corners Diaz hit a sac fly to center and Whalen scored the first Chiefs run to cut the deficit to 7-1.
Peoria added one run in the eighth against reliever Wilfred Salaman. Whalen walked with one out and advanced to third as Donovan reached on a fielding error by Wisconsin first baseman Thomas Dillard. With runners at the corners, Whalen scored on Diaz's infield single for his second RBI of the game to make the score 7-2.
Colin Schmid (6-6) took the loss, allowing seven runs on eight hits with two walks and five strikeouts in four innings pitched. Connor Coward pitched three shutout innings allowing three hits with one walk and three strikeouts. Evan Sisk pitched two shutout innings, allowing only one walk with three strikeouts.
The Chiefs continue their seven-game homestand as they welcome in the Quad Cities River Bandits Wednesday at 6:35 p.m. The broadcast can be heard, starting with the Pre-Game Show at 6:20 p.m. on the Peoria Chiefs Tune-In Page, which is free and also has a free app for smartphones and tablets. The game is also available on MiLB.TV for subscribers.
Wednesday August 21 is CityLink Bang for Your Buck Wednesday. Enjoy $1 hot dogs, $1 popcorn, and $1 ice cream sandwiches at the concession stands.
Individual game tickets, group tickets and season ticket packages, including full-season, a 35-game ticket package, an 18-game ticket package or a Flex Plan are currently on sale by calling 309-680-4000. Individual game tickets are also on sale with the Dozer Park Box Office open Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm and online at www.peoriachiefs.com which also lists all of the season's promotions. Game times and promotions are subject to change.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 20, 2019
- Whitecaps Drop Homestand Finale - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bandits Finish Homestand with Impressive 9-3 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cubs Earn Massive Series Win against Loons in 4-3 Finale - South Bend Cubs
- LumberKings Take Series with 6-5 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Lose by a Foot - Kane County Cougars
- Lingos Out-Duels Whitecaps - Lake County Captains
- Loons Drop Finale to Cubs - Great Lakes Loons
- Cruz Tosses Another Brilliant Start for 'Caps - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits Defeat Kernels in Finale - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Fall 7-2 Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Lazar Strikes Out Ten in 7-2 Win at Peoria - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 5-Run First Proves Too Much for Beloit - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 20 vs. Bowling Green (Game 125) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lopez's Hitting Streak Ends in 7-2 Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Collect Hits in Every Inning, Top Lansing 7-2 to Split Series - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Homestand Preview for August 21-23 - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Host Dayton Area Police Night at Fifth Third Field on August 22 - Dayton Dragons
- BG Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Community Field to Host 20th Annual Oktoberfest - Burlington Bees
- LumberKings Return Home for Seven-Game Stand - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons to Recognize Dayton Power and Light as "Community All-Star" - Dayton Dragons
- Catcher Danner Returns to Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps "Cruzâ? to Victory - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peoria Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs Single Game Tickets Go on Sale March 16
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Bobble Heads and Theme Ticket Packages
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Fireworks Dates
- Chiefs Scholarship Applications Open Until March 4
- Almonte Returns as Chiefs Manager in 2020; Gabella & Martin Join Staff