Dragons Notes for Tuesday
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 l Game # 57 (127)
Cooley Law School Stadium l Lansing, Mich. l 12:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (23-33, 51-75) at Lansing Lugnuts (30-26, 62-63)
RH Lyon Richardson (2-9, 4.54) vs. RH Troy Watson (6-4, 3.32)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lansing Lugnuts (affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays) in the last game of a four-game series.
Last Game: Monday: Lansing 4, Dayton 3. For the second straight day, the Dragons built an early three-run lead, only to see Lansing battle back to win. The Dragons scored three runs in the top of the third before Lansing tied the game in the bottom of the same inning. Lansing scored in the sixth to break the tie. All four runs by the Lugnuts were unearned. Michael Siani led the Dayton seven-hit attack, going 2 for 4 (RBI, run).
The Dragons are 2-4 on the current seven-game road trip, posting a 2.21 ERA with an opponent batting average of .193, but they have allowed 11 unearned runs. In two of the six games, Dragons pitchers have not allowed a run over the first nine innings. The Dragons are batting .225 on the trip while scoring 21 runs (3.5 runs per game).
The Dragons are 9 for 23 (.391) with men in scoring position in the current series at Lansing. They went 6 for 48 (.125) in those situations in the last two series combined (vs. Lansing; at Bowling Green). This is the first time they have had nine hits with men in scoring position in any series since July 17-19 at Quad Cities, when they went 11 for 34 (.324).
The Dragons are 3-10 over their last 13 games. Over those 13 games, the Dragons are batting .224, averaging 3.31 runs per game, with a team ERA of 3.47 while allowing 17 unearned runs.
Morgan Lofstrom over his last 10 games is batting .324 with one home run and eight runs batted in.
Miguel Hernandez is 6 for 18 (.33) with a double and triple on the current road trip (6 games).
Michael Siani in the current series is 6 for 13 (.462) with a home run and double.
Juan Martinez has a five-game hitting streak, going 6 for 20 (.300) with two home runs.
Matt Pidich over his last 26 games: 1.39 ERA, 45.1 IP, 29 H, 15 R, 7 ER, 14 BB, 50 SO.
Eddy Demurias over his last three games: 0.00 ERA, 8 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Wednesday, August 21 (7:00 p.m.): Fort Wayne RH Efraín Contreras (5-5, 3.84) at Dayton LH Connor Curlis (4-5, 2.53)
Thursday, August 22 (7:00 p.m.): Fort Wayne LH Cullen Dana (2-2, 6.26) at Dayton RH Eduardo Salazar (6-3, 4.23)
Friday, August 23 (7:00 p.m.): Fort Wayne RH Adrian Martinez (5-4, 3.63) at Dayton TBA
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 20, 2019
- Whitecaps Drop Homestand Finale - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bandits Finish Homestand with Impressive 9-3 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cubs Earn Massive Series Win against Loons in 4-3 Finale - South Bend Cubs
- LumberKings Take Series with 6-5 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Lose by a Foot - Kane County Cougars
- Lingos Out-Duels Whitecaps - Lake County Captains
- Loons Drop Finale to Cubs - Great Lakes Loons
- Cruz Tosses Another Brilliant Start for 'Caps - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits Defeat Kernels in Finale - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Fall 7-2 Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Lazar Strikes Out Ten in 7-2 Win at Peoria - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 5-Run First Proves Too Much for Beloit - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 20 vs. Bowling Green (Game 125) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lopez's Hitting Streak Ends in 7-2 Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Collect Hits in Every Inning, Top Lansing 7-2 to Split Series - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Homestand Preview for August 21-23 - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Host Dayton Area Police Night at Fifth Third Field on August 22 - Dayton Dragons
- BG Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Community Field to Host 20th Annual Oktoberfest - Burlington Bees
- LumberKings Return Home for Seven-Game Stand - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons to Recognize Dayton Power and Light as "Community All-Star" - Dayton Dragons
- Catcher Danner Returns to Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps "Cruzâ? to Victory - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons Special 50/50 Raffle to Benefit COVID-19 Response Fund & African-American Community Fund
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled
- Dayton Dragons Issue Statement Regarding Governor's Order
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 3: Second Basemen
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 2: First Basemen