Grrrowl Announce Make-Up GamesDecember 19, 2005 - ECHL (ECHL) Greenville Grrrowl
Last Friday's game against the Gwinnett Gladiators has been rescheduled for January 12th, while Saturday's game against the South Carolina Stingrays has been rescheduled for April 4th. Grrrowl tickets for games on Dec. 16 and 17 will be accepted at any other regular season game this season, with the exception of the Jan. 20th Church Night.
Game promotions from last weekend have also been rescheduled:
The annual Teddy Bear Toss will now take place on Tuesday, Dec. 20th. Fans are encouraged to throw teddy bears onto the ice after the Grrrowl score their first goal of the game, with all bears being donated to the Toys For Tots Program. Bears will be available for purchase on the BI-LO Center concourse for $5.
The Grrrowl Youth Jersey Giveaway (which had been scheduled for Friday night) will be moved to January 1st, when the Grrrowl host the South Carolina Stingrays in a 6:05 p.m. game. That game, as with all Sunday games at the BI-LO Center, is Family Day, meaning Grrrowl fans can skate on the BI-LO Center Ice after the game, take pictures with Grrrowl players on the bench, and take slapshots on Grrrowl goalies. Doors open at 5 p.m.
The Grrrowl are working with the Hockey Hall of Fame to try to have the Stanley Cup, which was scheduled to be at Saturday's game, return to Greenville at a later date.
The $2.00 discount for Spartanburg County residents will be offered for a future game.
The Byrnes High School Football Tribute has been re-scheduled for January 12th. Members of the State Champion Byrnes High School Football team will be honored on the ice during this game.
The Grrrowl are currently preparing for a Tuesday night game against the Toledo Storm. The game marks only the fourth ever meeting between the two teams, and the return of former Grrrowl goalie and assistant coach Nick Vitucci, who comes back to the BI-LO Center as Toledo's head coach.
The Grrrowl have made some significant transactions over the past week, the most notable being the signing of veteran defenseman Duncan Dalmao. Dalmao joins the Grrrowl after playing in Europe last season, and returns to the ECHL where he won the Defenseman of the Year Award in 2002 as a member of the Roanoke Express.
Other Grrrowl Transactions include:
D Vladimir Gusev - returned from AHL's Norfolk Admirals
F Krys Barch - taken off Injured Reserve List
F Allan Sirois - placed on 7-day Injured Reserve List
After Tuesday's game against the Toledo Storm, the Grrrowl enjoy a five-day Christmas Break. Greenville returns to action on December 26th with a 7 p.m. game at the new Charlotte Bobcats Arena against the Checkers. The Grrrowl host the Checkers on December 27th in a 7:05 p.m. game at the BI-LO Center. There will be a free post-game autograph session after Greenville's game on Dec. 27th. For tickets, call 864-233-2525.
ECHL Stories from December 19, 2005
- Aces Wild - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder enjoys week off after two losses to Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Players and Coach Visit Hospital - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Look Ahead to Final Week of 2005 - Bakersfield Condors
- Future Mississippi Players Watch - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Wranglers, Aces Mirror Each Other In West - ECHL
- South Carolina's Finnerty Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- Boutin leads in Save Percentage - Johnstown Chiefs
- Rays Go Winless In Weather Shortened Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Gulls Win Two of Three Last Week - San Diego Gulls
- Grrrowl Announce Make-Up Games - Greenville Grrrowl
- Condors Offer Christmas Trees To Needy Families - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Weekly Update - Florida Everblades
- Ryan Craig Makes NHL Debut - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Weekly Update - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Nailers Weekly Update - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Weekly Update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ice Pilots on Two Game Winning Streak With Win vs Gwinnett - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers Grab Seven of Eight Points for Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Shorthanded Titans Take Two out of Three - Trenton Devils
- Grizzlies Finish Week Strong - Utah Grizzlies
- Berkhoel Assigned to Gladiators - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Craig Is 284th ECHL Player To Play In NHL - ECHL
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly Update - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Inferno Update - Columbia Inferno
- B2 Networks to Broadcast Florida College Hockey Classic - Florida Everblades
- Wires Lights Lamp in Roadrunners' 3-1 Win Over Bakersfield - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.