Cody Blanshan Called Up to Admirals
GREENVILLE, SC - Greenville Grrrowl General Manager Ryan Stewart announced today that rookie defenseman CODY BLANSHAN has been called up to the Norfolk Admirals. This is the second call-up of the season for the 22-year-old Blanshan, who signed with Greenville's AHL affiliate this past off-season.
Blanshan leaves the Grrrowl as the team's leading defenseman in goals (11) and plus minus (+21). In 57 games with the Grrrowl, the Eagan, MN native has 26 points on 11 goals and 15 assists with 109 penalty minutes. Blanshan has recorded eight points in his last eight games, and his 26 points is second amongst Grrrowl defensemen.
The 6-1, 215-pounder was called up to the Admirals on Dec. 29th, and he played his only AHL game the following night. Blanshan did not register a point and was a -1 in Norfolk's 2-1 win over Hershey.
Originally selected by the New York Islanders in the eighth round of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Blanshan was signed by Norfolk this past off-season and has spent training camps with the Blackhawks, Admirals, and Grrrowl. He played the last two seasons with Medicine Hat of the WHL.
In another transaction, Greenville defenseman DUNCAN DALMAO has been placed on the 30-day Injured Reserve list, retroactive to March 19th. In 42 games with the Grrrowl, the veteran from Toronto, Ontario had 24 points on five goals and 19 assists.
Greenville only has seven games left in the regular season, and plays again Friday in Charlotte, NC. The Grrrowl return to the BI-LO Center Saturday for a 7:05 p.m. game against the South Carolina Stingrays. For tickets, cal 864-233-2525.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 23, 2006
- Titans add Yale's Zappala - Trenton Devils
- Checkers News - Charlotte Checkers
- Worrell recalled to Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- Campbell Called up to AHL Lowell - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Announce Internship Opportunities - Wheeling Nailers
- Kim And Enga Back In The Lineup Friday - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Cody Blanshan Called Up to Admirals - Greenville Grrrowl
- Gwinnett downs Charlotte, 8-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Five Alive: Condors Win Fifth Straight - Bakersfield Condors
- 2004 Champion Idaho Hosts Kelly Cup Tour - ECHL
- Alaska rallies from 3-0 down to salvage point in Utah - Alaska Aces
- Salmon Kings unleashed - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Grizzlies Complete Comeback, Win In Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Fly By RoadRunners 5-3 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Silverthorn and Hacker Pace Steelheads Past Falcons, 3-0 - Idaho Steelheads
- Falcons Shutout by Steelheads - Fresno Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.