Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati
Kalamazoo, MI.- The K-Wings hit the road this week starting a three-game road trip that pits the K-Wings against the Toledo Walleye and Cincinnati Cyclones.
Fri., Nov. 9 - Wings vs. Toledo, L, 5-2
Sat., Nov. 10 - Wings vs. Brampton, L, 4-2
Thurs., Nov. 15 - Kalamazoo at Toledo, 10:35 am
Sat., Nov. 17 - Kalamazoo at Cincinnati, 7:35 pm
Wings Watch Party:
With the K-Wings on the road for the next three games fans are invited to head to Old Burdick's at Wings West for a K-Wings Watch Party as the K-Wings take on Cincinnati on Saturday night. The watch party is set to begin at 7:00pm, with puck drop at 7:35 pm.
School Day Game Pt. 2:
A few weeks after taking part in Kalamazoo's Education Day, the K-Wings and Walleye will once again hit the ice for a morning game on Thursday. Kalamazoo heads to Toledo for a 10:35 am puck drop as the K-Wings and Walleye face off in Toledo's Education Day game. The Walleye won the first round 3-2 in a shootout in Kalamazoo on Oct. 30. Thursday will be the third matchup of the season between the teams, and first in Toledo.
Sunday afternoon was an eventful one for the K-Wings as Kalamazoo acquired forward Colin Jacobs from Maine, while goaltender Jake Hildebrand was loaned to the Providence Bruins. Jacobs began the season with Wichita playing in five games. Last year the Coppell, TX native appeared in 55 games with the Atlanta Gladiators and Toledo Walleye. Jacobs had 31 points (14g, 17a) over the course of the season. A fourth round draft pick of the Buffalo Sabres in 2011, Jacobs has skated in 241 professional games (195 ECHL, 46 AHL).
Hildebrand, loaned to Providence, dressed for the Bruins on Sunday but did not play, serving as backup. The goaltender has appeared in eight games for the K-Wings this season.
Power Play Success:
Power play goals on both Friday and Saturday nights extended the K-Wings success on the man-advantage, giving the team power play tallies in three straight games. After being held to only two power play tallies in the first eight games, Kalamazoo now has three in the last three games. The K-Wings have converted on 20% of power plays during the three game stretch (3/15).
Central Division Standings:
1. Toledo, (9-1-1-0), 19 pts
2. Cincinnati, (7-3-2-0),16 pts
3. Indy, (6-5-0-0), 12 pts
4. Ft. Wayne, (5-6-0-0), 10 pts
5. Kalamazoo, (4-6-0-1) 9 pts
6. Wheeling, (2-5-1-0), 5 pts
1. Justin Taylor, F, 8g-2a-11pts
2. Kyle Thomas, F, 2g-7a-9pts
3. Chris Collins, F, 3g-5a-8pts
4. Kyle Blaney, F,3g-3a-6pts
Kalamazoo Wings single game and season tickets are available now! More information can be gathered at www.kwings.com/seasontickets.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2018
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Win First Shootout of Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- More Seats Released for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- McFarland Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Grab 2 More W's - Toledo Walleye
- Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- 3-D Jerseys Featured on ESPN, NBC Sports, with More to Come - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 12th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Host Orlando Before Flying North for Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- NHLer Mashinter Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Week 5: Komets Collect Four Points from Rapid City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.