Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12
Tulsa finishes successful road trip to Boise with dramatic comeback win to take the three-game series against the Steelheads.
OVERALL RECORD: 6-1-4
LAST WEEK: 2-1-0
Wednesday, Nov. 7 - Idaho 3, Tulsa 2 (CenturyLink Arena) | Box Score
>> The Oilers got off to a slow start in their first road game of the season Wednesday, when Idaho struck twice in the first 5:24 of the first period and led by a 2-0 score at the end of one. Shortly after Tulsa killed off a second period penalty, the Steelheads advanced their lead to 3-0 at 6:34 of the frame. Oilers rookie defenseman Kyle Rhodes ripped a power play goal into the net to make it 3-1 after two and Peter Sivak scored from the point with 7:20 left in regulation, but Tulsa couldn't dig out of the hole completely and fell short 3-2.
Friday, Nov. 9 - Tulsa 4, Idaho 3 (CenturyLink Arena) | Box Score
>> Tulsa got off to a fast start Friday when Dylan Bredo scored his first pro goal 1:26 into the game on a power play. Chris Forney then tallied his first career goal midway through the period, and Kyle Rhodes made it 3-0 before the first intermission. The Steelheads briefly cut into the lead in the second period, but Adam Pleskach answered off of a face-off win to put the Oilers up 4-1 after two. Idaho scored during a 4-on-4 and again 59 seconds later on a 4-on-3 power play to quickly cut Tulsa's lead to 4-3 with 6:22 left in the final frame, but Evan Fitzpatrick and the Oilers held on to win.
Saturday, Nov. 10 - Tulsa 5, Idaho 4 (OT) (CenturyLink Arena) | Box Score
>> The Steelheads reversed the script from Friday and sprung to a 3-0 first period lead, before Steven Kaunisto stopped their momentum by getting the Oilers on the board late in the frame. Roman Ammirato then brought Tulsa to within one with a goal in the final minute of the middle stanza. Idaho added an insurance goal early in the third period, but Oilers captain Adam Pleskach scored a power play goal and Stephen Perfetto provided the equalizer with 55.9 seconds left in regulation to force overtime. Ammirato provided the heroics in the extra period, completing Tulsa's comeback with a dramatic game-winner with 15 seconds left.
THE WEEK AHEAD
Friday, Nov. 16 - Tulsa AT Allen, 7:05pm - Allen Event Center (Allen, TX)
Saturday, Nov. 17 - Allen vs Tulsa, 7:05pm - BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)
- Kyle Rhodes leads all ECHL defenseman with 5 goals.
- Stephen Perfetto recorded 5 points (1g, 4a) in the Oilers' two wins over the weekend.
- After scoring Friday and Saturday, Adam Pleskach (140) is 5 goals from 3rd all-time in Oilers history.
- The Oilers have scored power play goals in four consecutive games.
- Tulsa has played seven straight one-goal games, going 3-1-3 in that stretch.
- Oilers defensemen have scored 9 goals in the team's first 11 games.
POINTS: 11 - Adam Pleskach
GOALS: 6 - Adam Pleskach
ASSISTS: 7 - Ryan Tesink
PLUS/MINUS: +8 - Adam Pleskach
PIMS: 13 - Alex Kromm
PP GOALS: 1 - Dylan Bredo, Adam Pleskach Kyle Rhodes, Peter Sivak, Ryan Tesink
SH GOALS: 1 - Peter Sivak
GW GOALS: 2 - Adam Pleskach
SHOTS: 46 - Adam Pleskach
WINS: 4 - Devin Williams
GAA: 2.13 - Evan Fitzpatrick
SAVE %: .925 - Evan Fitzpatrick
POWER PLAY: Overall - 5/45 (11.1%)
Last Week - 3/11 (27.3%)
PENALTY KILL: Overall - 32/38 (84.2%)
Last Week - 10/11 (90.9%)
The Oilers have earned at least a point in 10 of the team's first 11 games...Wednesday's 3-2 loss was Tulsa's first loss in regulation...Stephen Perfetto (1g, 2a) recorded the Oilers' first 3-point game of the season Saturday in the 5-4 overtime win...Tulsa overcame a 3-0 deficit Saturday to win, giving the Oilers its biggest comeback victory of the season.
TULSA FLAG NIGHT
After a brief stop in Allen, Texas next Friday, the Oilers return home Saturday, November 17 to host the Allen Americans at 7:05pm on the York Plumbing Ice at the BOK Center. The Oilers will celebrate Tulsa Flag Night and will wear special jerseys bearing resemblance to the Tulsa flag, which will be auctioned off live following the game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2018
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Win First Shootout of Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- More Seats Released for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- McFarland Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Grab 2 More W's - Toledo Walleye
- Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- 3-D Jerseys Featured on ESPN, NBC Sports, with More to Come - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 12th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Host Orlando Before Flying North for Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- NHLer Mashinter Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Week 5: Komets Collect Four Points from Rapid City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tulsa Oilers Stories
- Despite Late Surge, Oilers Fall 5-4 to Rapid City
- Oilers Acquire Defenseman Jake Bolton from Orlando in Exchange for Eric Drapluk
- Oil Drops: Oilers End Week with First Road Win Before Autism Awareness Night on Saturday
- Oilers Quiet Thunder 7-2 in First Road Win of Season
- Oilers Fall in First of Nine Matchups with Thunder