Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5
INDY FUEL WEEK 5 RESULTS: (1-1-0-0, 6-5-0-0 Overall, 3rd Central Division)
Friday, November 9 - Fuel 2 at Cincinnati 5: The Cincinnati Cyclones outscored the Fuel 4-2 in the second period en route to a 5-2 victory Friday night at U.S. Bank Arena. After the two teams traded goals early in the second, Cincinnati found the net three times in a span of 2:15 to take control of the contest, including a pair of shorthanded goals from forward Myles Powell. Matt Rupert scored twice for Indy, which fell to 1-3 on the road to start the season.
Saturday, November 10 - Fuel 4 vs. Cincinnati 3: Indy bounced back to earn a weekend split with the Cyclones, skating to a thrilling 4-3 victory in front of a near-capacity crowd of 6,187 at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. The Fuel found leads of 1-0, 2-1, and 3-2 before rookie defenseman Josh McArdle delivered the eventual game-winning goal at 6:26 of the third period. Kevin Dufour led the way offensively for Indy with a goal and two assists, while Jordy Stallard and Ryan Rupert also found the back of the net. In net, goaltender Kevin Lankinen steered aside 27 shots to improve to 3-0 on the year.
INDY FUEL WEEK 6 SCHEDULE:
Wednesday, November 14 - Fuel at Utah (9:05 p.m. ET, Maverik Center)
Friday, November 16 - Fuel at Utah (9:05 p.m. ET, Maverik Center)
Saturday, November 17 - Fuel at Utah (9:05 p.m. ET, Maverik Center)
The Fuel head to West Valley City, Utah to take on the Utah Grizzlies in a tripleheader beginning Wednesday night at Maverik Center. The two teams previously met on Nov. 1 at Indiana Farmers Coliseum, with the Fuel claiming a 4-1 victory to hand the Grizzlies their first regulation loss of the season.
[NEXT HOME GAME: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 21 VS. TOLEDO]
-Indy has one five of its last six games at Indiana Farmers Coliseum, with Saturday's victory improving the Fuel's overall home record to 5-2-0-0.
-Saturday's win against Cincinnati was the first time all season the Fuel had been tied at the start of the third period. Indy is now 6-0-0-0 this season when leading or tied after two periods of play.
-The Fuel have scored at least one power play goal in three of their last four games, ranking eighth in the ECHL in overall power play efficiency (18.8%).
-The Fuel are 2-0-0-0 this season in games decided by one goal.
-The crowd of 6,187 at Indiana Farmers Coliseum set a season-high in attendance for the Fuel, and was the sixth-largest crowd in Fuel franchise history. Saturday night marked the largest ever crowd to attend a Fuel game in the month of November.
-Indy is making its first-ever trip to Utah and Maverik Center this week.
-Forward Olivier Labelle is one point away from reaching the 350-point plateau in his ECHL career. In 413 career ECHL games, the veteran has tallied 175 goals and 174 assists.
-Forward Ryan Rupert has registered points in six straight games (1g, 6a), and has found the scoresheet in 10 of his last 11 outings dating back to Oct. 13.
-Goaltender Kevin Lankinen improved to 3-0 in a Fuel uniform with Saturday's win.
-Lankinen stopped Cincinnati forward Myles Powell on a penalty shot in the third period on Saturday, in what was the first penalty shot Indy had faced since Allen's Zach Hall scored on Jake Hildebrand on Feb. 17, 2017. Lankinen's save was the first time a Fuel goaltender had stopped a penalty shot since Mac Carruth denied South Carolina's Patrick Gaul on March 28, 2015.
-Forward Jordy Stallard and defenseman Josh McArdle each scored their first career professional goals Saturday.
UPCOMING EVENTS & PROMOTIONS:
Friendsgiving: In town early for Turkey Day? Gather the crew and head out to Friendsgiving with the Fuel on Wednesday, November 21 at Indiana Farmers Coliseum, complete with drink specials throughout the arena as Indy takes on Toledo.
Black Friday / Fuel Do317 Night: Kick your Thanksgiving weekend into full gear Friday, November 23 as the Fuel team up with Do317 to bring you $3 beer and soda, $1 hot dogs and $7 limited edition t-shirts as Indy takes on Cincinnati. Additionally, in honor of Black Friday, the first 1,200 fans through the gates will receive a free Fuel blackout t-shirt courtesy of IBEW Local #481!
MARVEL Super Hero Night: Some of your favorite heroes are coming to town to help the Fuel defeat the mischievous Kalamazoo Wings on MARVEL Super Hero Night on Saturday, November 24! Meet Star-Lord, Black Panther and Captain America, while the Fuel and Wings wear Guardians of the Galaxy-inspired uniforms. Bid on your favorite game-worn jersey during an in-game mobile auction powered by The Meigray Group.
Individual tickets for all Fuel home games at Indiana Farmers Coliseum are available at IndyFuelHockey.com, or by visiting the Indiana Farmers Coliseum box office. A variety of Ticket Plans are also still available for the 2018-19 season, call the Fuel ticket office at 317-925-FUEL for learn more today!
Catch every home game this season with a free online stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the "Watch/Listen Live" button to hear Voice of the Fuel Andrew Smith bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through ECHL.TV!
FOLLOW THE FUEL:
Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2018-19 season! Join the Fuel's 5th Anniversary Celebration by using the hashtag #Fuel5 on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2018
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Win First Shootout of Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- More Seats Released for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- McFarland Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Grab 2 More W's - Toledo Walleye
- Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- 3-D Jerseys Featured on ESPN, NBC Sports, with More to Come - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 12th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Host Orlando Before Flying North for Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- NHLer Mashinter Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Week 5: Komets Collect Four Points from Rapid City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.