BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads (5-7-2) end their six-game home stand with a three-game series against the Rapid City Rush following a three-game set against the Tulsa Oilers.
Wednesday, November 7 vs. Tulsa Oilers: 3-2 W
Shots: Oilers 30, Steelheads 25
PP: Oilers 1-for-3, Steelheads 0-for-5
The Steelheads scored early and held off the Oilers in a 3-2 win from CenturyLink Arena. The Steelheads scored the first three goals of the game starting with forward Joe Pendenza (1:37 1st) to take an early 1-0 lead followed by a tally from forward Spencer Naas (5:24 1st), doubling the advantage at 2-0. The Steelheads added a third from defenseman Brady Norrish (6:34 2nd) to take a 3-0 lead before the Oilers answered. Despite two goals over the final two periods from Tulsa, the Steelheads held on for the win. Goaltender Colton Point (1-0-0) stopped 28 of 30 shots in the win.
Friday, November 9 vs. Tulsa Oilers: 4-3 L
Shots: Oilers 29, Steelheads 36
PP: Oilers 1-for-3, Steelheads 1-for-3
The Steelheads fought back late but fell 4-3 to the Oilers from CenturyLink Arena. After a three-goal first period from the Oilers, Steelheads defenseman Eric Sweetman (8:39 2nd) cut into the lead, 3-1, beginning the press for the home side. The Oilers scored one more goal before the Steelheads made their move starting with forward Brad McClure (12:39 3rd) followed by forward A.J. White (13:38 3rd) to draw within one, 4-3. However, the Oilers held off the press for the win. Netminder Colton Point saved five of eight shots, and Ryan Faragher (1-2-0) turned aside 20 of 21 shots in relief, picking up the loss.
Saturday, November 10 vs. Tulsa Oilers: 5-4 L (OT)
Shots: Oilers 41, Steelheads 33
PP: Oilers 1-for53, Steelheads 0-for-3
The Steelheads scored early but slipped in a 5-4 overtime loss to the Oilers from CenturyLink Arena. Forwards A.J. White (3:28 1st), Spencer Naas (5:07 1st) and Steve McParland (15:27 1st) carried the Steelheads to a 3-0 lead with the first three goals of the game before the Oilers answered back with two in the back end of both the first and second period, moving the lead to 3-2. Steelheads defenseman Nolan Gluchowski (2:34 3rd) scored his first professional goal to double the lead, 4-2, but the Oilers scored two more goals in regulation and one in overtime to cap off the 5-4 comeback win. Goaltender Ryan Faragher (1-2-1) halted 36 of 41 shots in the overtime loss.
Wednesday, November 14 vs. Rapid City Rush - 7:10 p.m. MT
Friday, November 16 vs. Rapid City Rush - 7:10 p.m. MT
Saturday, November 17 vs. Rapid City Rush - 7:10 p.m. MT
The Steelheads finish their six-game home stand and open a six-game stretch against the Rapid City Rush. The Steelheads and Rush play a 17-game season schedule for the first time as the second-closest team in the Mountain Division. Last season, the Steelheads and Rush met 13 times with the Steelheads earning a 11-2-0-0 record and head into this stretch with a four-game win streak in the head-to-head series. The Rush have earned points in eight of their last 10 games overall.
Bud Light $2 Wednesdays: During every Wednesday regular season home game through the end of the 2nd period of play, the Steelheads offer small $2 Bud Light to persons 21 years of age and older (not including playoffs). The first Bud Light $2 Wednesday will be the next home game on November 7.
Four For $48 Friday: Bring the family to enjoy a Steelheads home game every Friday night this season. For just $48, you'll receive four tickets, four fountain drinks, and four Double R Ranch hot dogs. Call the Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information.
- Steve McParland is on a three-game point streak (2+1=3), his team-leading third scoring streak of the year, and leads the team in scoring and goals
- Spencer Naas is also on a three-game point streak (2+1=3), marking his second scoring run of the year
- The Steelheads have three players in the top-20 for ECHL rookie scoring (Brad McClure, Brady Norrish, Spencer Naas), which is the 2nd-most in the ECHL behind Newfoundland (5)
- The Steelheads lead the ECHL in one-goal games, playing 11 of their first 14 games in that spread
- Steelheads Milestones:
- Nolan Gluchowski: 1st professional goal (Saturday)
GOALS: 7 - Brad McClure/Steve McParland
ASSISTS: 7 - Brady Norrish/Justin Parizek
POINTS: 13 - Steve McParland
PP GOALS: 2 - Steve McParland/Brady Norrish
SH GOALS: 1 - Brad McClure/Justin Parizek/Kyle Schempp
GW GOALS: 2 - Brad McClure/Brady Norrish
PIMS: 39 - Kale Kessy
PLUS/MINUS: +6 - Steve McParland
SHOTS: 51 - Spencer Naas
WINS: 2 - Philippe Desrosiers
GAA: 2.73 - Tomas Sholl
SAVE %: .911 - Philippe Desrosiers/Tomas Sholl
Mountain Division Standings:
1. Kansas City 8-1-1-0, 17 pts
2. Utah 7-1-3-0, 17 pts
3. Tulsa 6-1-2-2, 16 pts
4. Rapid City 6-5-1-1, 14 pts
5. Steelheads 5-7-1-1, 12 pts
6. Wichita 4-3-3-0, 11 pts
7. Allen 3-9-0-2, 8 pts
All games during the 2018-19 regular season are broadcast on 1350AM KTIK "The Ticket" and online on ECHL.TV. Pre-game coverage begins at 6:50 p.m. on 1350AM KTIK and ECHL TV, and television coverage starts at 7:00 p.m. on CableOne Channel 72.
Tune in every Tuesday-Thursday from 6:00-7:00 p.m. to the Bud Light Idaho Steelheads Hockey Show, featuring Steelheads news, analysis and insight from around the ECHL.
The Steelheads return to CenturyLink Arena this Wednesday, Nov. 14 at 7:10 p.m. against the Rapid City Rush. Single-game tickets and season ticket packages are on sale, with full-season packages starting as low as $300 per seat. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2018
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Win First Shootout of Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- More Seats Released for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- McFarland Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Grab 2 More W's - Toledo Walleye
- Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- 3-D Jerseys Featured on ESPN, NBC Sports, with More to Come - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 12th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Host Orlando Before Flying North for Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- NHLer Mashinter Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Week 5: Komets Collect Four Points from Rapid City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Defenseman Colton Saucerman Inked for 2019-20 Season
- Forward Zack Andrusiak Added to Steelheads for 2019-20 Season
- Forward Marc-Olivier Roy Agrees to Join Steelheads for 2019-20 Season
- Steelheads Alum Scott Burt Named Assistant Coach
- Defenseman Nolan Gluchowski Returns for 2019-20 Season