Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville
JACKSONVILLE, FL - Everett Clark's goal in the third-round of the overtime shootout lifted the Jacksonville Icemen to a 3-2 win over the Norfolk Admirals at the Veterans Memorial Arena Monday afternoon. Despite the loss, The Admirals (8-4-0-1, 17 pts) earned a point and remain in sole possession of first place in the South Division
Norfolk got on the board first when Matt Duffy finished off a 2-on-1 rush into the zone. Duffy carried the puck on the right wing and eyed the trailer Taylor Cammarata before calling his own number and lifting a shot over the shoulder of goaltender Mikhail Berdin for the tally.
Nearly three minutes later, the Icemen evened the score 1-1. Cam Maclise snapped a shot off the pad of Norfolk netminder Brad Barone. Maclise tracked down the rebound at the slot and delivered a backhanded pass to the back side of the crease to Wacey Wrabbit who tucked the puck past a diving Barone.
In the second period, Jacksonville grabbed the lead on the power play. Everett Clark sent a pass from behind the net across the crease to defenseman Dajon Mingo who pinched from the point to the backside of the net. Mingo skated down to one-knee and angled the puck into the net behind Barone to give the Icemen a 2-1 edge after two periods.
Norfolk evened the score on a dazzling goal by TJ Melancon. Darik Angeli handed the puck off to Melancon rushing into the zone. Melancon's momentum allowed him to swing around a Jacksonville defender and en route to the net. Melancon made several deke moves just above the crease before sliding the puck low past Berdin.
Melancon's goal held, eventually forcing overtime. Neither team could seal the game in the extra session which sent the game to be decided in the shootout. After two unsuccessful shootout rounds for both teams, Everett Clark finally scored in the third-round to give the Icemen the edge. Berdin turned aside a Cammarata shot to secure the 3-2 Jacksonville victory.
Berdin earns the win making 27 saves, while Barone takes the loss allowing two goals on 33 shots faced.
1. Everett Clark (JAX) - Assist, GWG in shootout
2. Mikhail Berdin (JAX) - 27 saves
3. Brad Barone (NOR) - 31 saves
The Admirals will now continue the road trip with a Thursday night affair at Greenville. Game time Is set for 7:00 p.m. Fans can catch the game broadcast on Mixlr or on ECHL.TV
Upcoming Home Games & Promotions
The Admirals return home for a three-game set against the Florida Everblades on November 21, 23, & 24.
Coming Soon! Teddy Bear Toss, Jewish Heritage Night and performances by the Fur Circus mascots will all take place on Saturday, December 8 against the Manchester Monarchs!
Admirals Ticket Information
Single Game Tickets may be purchased at the Scope Box Office, or online at Ticketmaster.com
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price! Group tickets are available for all home games. Fundraising opportunities are also available.
2018-19 Ticket Packages are Currently on Sale! The Admirals offer full season and flexible partial plans that will best fit your schedule and budget! To view pricing and benefits of all available ticket packages CLICK HERE
For more information regarding ticket options, or Norfolk Admirals Hockey, visit NorfolkAdmirals.com or call the Admirals office at (757) 640-1212!
Images from this story
Norfolk Admirals battle with the Jacksonville Icemen
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2018
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Win First Shootout of Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- More Seats Released for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- McFarland Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Grab 2 More W's - Toledo Walleye
- Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- 3-D Jerseys Featured on ESPN, NBC Sports, with More to Come - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 12th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Host Orlando Before Flying North for Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- NHLer Mashinter Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Week 5: Komets Collect Four Points from Rapid City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.