Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City
PORTLAND, ME - The Maine Mariners have acquired forward Justin Breton from the Kansas City Mavericks in exchange for future considerations, the team announced Monday. Breton joins his fifth ECHL team, and has also spent time in the AHL.
The Fitchburg, MA native begin his pro career with the Alaska Aces in the 2014-15 season. He put up 20 points (10 goals, 10 assists) in 50 games his rookie season, and followed up with an impressive 41 point campaign in 66 games the next year. He led the team with 23 goals and was rewarded with a loan to the AHL's Manitoba Moose, where he appeared in two games.
Breton was traded twice during the 2016-17 season, from Alaska to Kalamazoo, and then from the Kalamazoo to Kansas City (at the time, the Missouri Mavericks). In 59 combined games, he had nine goals and 12 assists. After playing 37 games for KC last season (5 goals, 16 assists), Breton had one goal in four for the Mavericks to start this year.
Breton played his college hockey at Bentley University (2010-14), near Boston. At 29 years old, he will become the oldest player on the roster. Rookie forward Hayden Verbeek was reassigned by Montreal to AHL Laval on Sunday.
The Mariners are home this Wednesday night to host the Orlando Solar Bears at 7:00 PM at the Cross Insurance Arena. Tickets can be purchased at MarinersOfMaine.com or by calling the Trusted Choice Box Office at 207-775-3458.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2018
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Win First Shootout of Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- More Seats Released for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- McFarland Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Grab 2 More W's - Toledo Walleye
- Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- 3-D Jerseys Featured on ESPN, NBC Sports, with More to Come - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 12th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Host Orlando Before Flying North for Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- NHLer Mashinter Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Week 5: Komets Collect Four Points from Rapid City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.