Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita
Wichita, KS- The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, dropped a 5-4 shootout decision to the Wichita Thunder on Sunday night at Intrust Bank Arena. It was their seventh straight loss.
Dante Salituro (5) and Pavel Jenys (2) both scored goals for the Americans in the first period. It was a battle early on in the game with both teams scoring goals back to back to tie the score at 2-2 going into the second period.
The Americans outshot the Thunder in the second period 24-21. Thanks to a power play goal scored by Alex Ranger, his first with the Americans to give them a 3-2 lead going into the final period.
In the final frame Thomas Frazee (2) would score on the power play to give the Americans a 4-3 lead, but that would not seal the deal. Travis Brown would score with a minute and fifteen left in regulation to send the game into overtime and then eventually the shootout. In the shootout Allen would miss all three of their chances and the second shot for Wichita would seal the game 5-4.
Since coming back from injury Americans forward Pavel Jenys has scored two goals in three games. With the 5-4 shootout loss to Wichita, the losing streak is extended to seven games The Americans are last in the ECHL Mountain Division with 8 points.
Allen returns home next Friday to meet the Tulsa Oilers at 7:05 pm. The Americans will travel to Tulsa on Saturday for a 7:05 pm faceoff.
1. WIC- G. Chase
2. WIC- K. Texeira
3. ALN- D. Salituro
Americans Next Home Game
Allen Americans vs. Tulsa Oilers
Date: Friday, November 16th
Time: 7:05 pm
Venue: Allen Event Center
Images from this story
Dante Salituro of the Allen Americans (15) scores against the Wichita Thunder
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2018
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Win First Shootout of Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- More Seats Released for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- McFarland Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Grab 2 More W's - Toledo Walleye
- Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- 3-D Jerseys Featured on ESPN, NBC Sports, with More to Come - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 12th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Host Orlando Before Flying North for Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- NHLer Mashinter Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Week 5: Komets Collect Four Points from Rapid City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.