Walleye Grab 2 More W's
Overall Record: 9-1-1-0,
1st Central Division Current Streak: 9 Unbeaten
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
November 9 at Kalamazoo (5-2 Win)
November 11 at Brampton (8-6 Win)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES (All Times Eastern)
November 13 at Wheeling at 10:45 a.m. (10:30 a.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230)
November 15 vs. Kalamazoo at 10:35 a.m. (10:30 a.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
November 17 vs. Fort Wayne at 7:15 p.m. (7 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
Walleye Weekly Schedule
(Monday, November 12 through Sunday, November 18)
Monday, November 12 - No Practice
Tuesday, November 13 - Game at Wheeling at 10:45 a.m.
Wednesday, November 14 - Practice 10:30 a.m. at Huntington Center
Thursday, November 15 - Game vs. Kalamazoo at 10:45 a.m.
Friday, November 16 - Practice 10:30 a.m. at Huntington Center
Saturday, November 17 - Game vs. Fort Wayne at 7:15 p.m.
Sunday, November 18 - No Practice
PLEASE NOTE: All times are subject to change. For the latest news on the Toledo Walleye visit the website.
Offense carries Walleye to a pair of wins: The Walleye leaned on its offense this past weekend to push its win streak to eight straight games. Friday night, Tyler Spezia scored twice to lead the Walleye to a 5-2 win in Kalamazoo. On Sunday it was Charlie O'Connor who found the back of the net a pair of times in an 8-6 win at Brampton.
Best Walleye start ever: With a 9-1-1 start to the season, this year's Walleye team is off to the best eleven game start in Walleye history. That ties the 2002-03 Toledo Storm team that was also 9-1-1 after their first eleven games of a season. That team stretched its run out to 12-1-1 before taking a second loss.
Berschbach hits milestones: Toledo's all-time leader in points and assists continues to rise up the charts as his goal Sunday moved him to second on the Walleye list in goals with 84, trailing only Evan Rankin (111). His four assist night on Friday pushed him over the 200 assist mark for his career in a Toledo uniform. Currently Berschbach leads the Walleye with 19 points (8G, 11A) and for his career he has 84 goals, 202 assists and 286 points for the Walleye.
Oh my offense: Toledo scored 13 goals over the two games they played this weekend and have found the back the net with ease during the eight game winning streak. The Walleye have scored 37 goals over the last eight games (average of 4.6 per contest) while holding opponents to just 20 (2.5 per contest) in the same span.
Morning hockey: Toledo has three games this week and two of them will be played in the morning. First up, the Walleye will hit Wheeling for a Tuesday AM tilt against the Nailers. It's the first of eight meetings over the season between the long-time rivals. Thursday it is Toledo's turn to host a morning game as the Kalamazoo Wings come into town. The Walleye have bested the Wings twice this year. Saturday night the Fort Wayne Komets will be in Toledo. The Walleye are 2-0-0 against the Komets as well.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Shane Berschbach (1 goals - 5 assists = 6 points)
GOALTENDER OF THE WEEK
Kaden Fulcher (1-0-0, 2.00 GAA, .939 save %)
UPCOMING EVENTS and PROMOTIONS
Saturday, November 17 | Hensville Tree Lighting Ceremony
Hensville will 'turn on the lights' to the 2018 holiday season during its annual lighting ceremony. Festivites kick-off at 4 p.m. with live music, strolling carolers, a special appearance by the Toledo Ballet and, of course, the Jolly Elf himself. The lighting celebration is at 6 p.m. WTOL's Andrew Kinsey and Malena Caruso host the event. Hensville Lights is presented by Toledo Edison and Lexus of Toledo and supported by NSG Group, Tireman and WTOL 11.
Saturday, November 17 | Mike Eruzione Bobblehead Giveaway
Believe It! The first 1,000 fans into the Huntington Center will receive a free bobblehead, courtesy of ProMedica and BCSN.
Friday, November 23 | Big Brother Visits
Rossford native and Big Brother runner-up Tyler Crispen will do a special pregame meet and greet beginning at 5:45 p.m. Tickets are $20 and includes a photo, autograph and game ticket. (Limited number available.) Tyler will also be taking photos with fans during the game.
Saturday, November 24 | Walleye Serve Meals
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2018
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Win First Shootout of Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- More Seats Released for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- McFarland Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Grab 2 More W's - Toledo Walleye
- Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- 3-D Jerseys Featured on ESPN, NBC Sports, with More to Come - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 12th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Host Orlando Before Flying North for Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- NHLer Mashinter Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Week 5: Komets Collect Four Points from Rapid City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Allen Americans