Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators announced on Monday that the team has signed forward Erick Freschi and Sean Bonar has returned from the AHL's Providence Bruins.
Freschi, 25, joins Atlanta after playing the entire 2017-18 season with the Kansas City Mavericks of the ECHL. The Bloomington, MN native posted 24 points (7g, 17a), 77 penalty minutes and a plus-4 rating in 50 games with the Mavericks last season. The second-year pro skated four full seasons at Cornell University before turning pro. The 5-foot-11, 194-pound forward earned 30 points (9g, 21a) in 126 games for the NCAA's Big Red. Freschi has arrived in Duluth, GA and will wear #27 for the Glads.
Bonar, 27, returns from the AHL's P-Bruins after serving as the back-up goalie for their game on Saturday. The Delta, BC native has played three games for the Gladiators this season and has accrued a 3.37 goals-against average. Last season, the 6-foot-1, 175-pound goalie amassed a record of 13-10-1 with a 2.69 goals-against average and .920 save percentage.
The 16th season of Atlanta Gladiators hockey continues at the Infinite Energy Arena Friday, November 16th against the Norfolk Admirals at 7:35 PM. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the office at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2018
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Win First Shootout of Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- More Seats Released for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- McFarland Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Grab 2 More W's - Toledo Walleye
- Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- 3-D Jerseys Featured on ESPN, NBC Sports, with More to Come - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 12th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Host Orlando Before Flying North for Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- NHLer Mashinter Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Week 5: Komets Collect Four Points from Rapid City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.