McFarland Returns to Wichita
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today that forward John McFarland has been assigned to Wichita from Bakersfield.
McFarland, 26, returns to Wichita after being called up on November 5th. He has two assists in five games this season for the Thunder.
A native of Richmond Hill, Ontario, the 6-foot, 212-pound forward is a former second round pick (#33) of the Florida Panthers in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He enters his seventh year as a pro, bringing NHL and AHL experience along with him. He turned pro in 2012-13 with the San Antonio Rampage and appeared in 45 games, collecting 24 points (10g, 14a). He also saw time in the ECHL with the Cincinnati Cyclones, recording 25 points (12g, 13a) in 23 games.
Prior to turning pro, McFarland played in the Ontario Hockey League for Saginaw, Sudbury and Ottawa. His best season came in 2008-09 when he racked up 52 points (21g, 31a) in 58 games for the Wolves. Overall, he finished his junior career with 190 points (90g, 100a) in 219 games.
The Thunder travels to Kansas City for a Kids Day Game on Tuesday morning starting at 10:30 a.m.
Wichita returns home for back-to-back games next Friday and Saturday night against the Mavericks. Friday, November 16th is Wizards Night, honoring the world of Harry Potter. Saturday night is Nickelodeon Night featuring SpongeBob SquarePants.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2018
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Win First Shootout of Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- More Seats Released for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- McFarland Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Grab 2 More W's - Toledo Walleye
- Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- 3-D Jerseys Featured on ESPN, NBC Sports, with More to Come - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 12th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Host Orlando Before Flying North for Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- NHLer Mashinter Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Week 5: Komets Collect Four Points from Rapid City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.