Mavs Monday Report: November 12
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks extended their win streak to six games after a perfect 3-0 stretch against Allen last week.
Here's a look back at last week and a peet at the week to come in Mavericks hockey.
Last Week's Results
Tuesday, Nov. 6 - vs. Allen, 4-1 - Postgame Snapshots
Friday, Nov. 9 - at Allen, 5-3 - Postgame Snapshots
Saturday, Nov. 10 - at Allen, 5-3 - Postgame Snapshots
This Week's Schedule
Tuesday, Nov. 13 - vs. Wichita - 10:35 a.m. - Limited Supply of Single-Game Tickets
Friday, Nov. 16 - at Wichita - 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 16 - at Wichita - 7:05 p.m.
Mountain Division Standings
1. Kansas City - 17 points - 8-1-1-0
2. Utah - 17 points - 7-1-3-0
3. Tulsa - 16 points - 6-1-2-2
4. Rapid City - 14 points - 6-5-1-1
5. Idaho - 12 points - 5-7-1-1
6. Wichita - 11 points - 4-3-3-0
7. Allen - 8 points - 3-9-0-2
Goals: Mark Cooper (7), Jared VanWormer/Rocco Carzo/David Dziurzynski (5)
Assists: Willie Raskob (10), Mark Cooper/Jared VanWormer (9)
Points: Mark Cooper (16), Jared VanWormer (14), Rocco Carzo (11)
Penalty Minutes: Zach Fischer (24), Neal Goff (14), Greg Betzold (13)
Plus/Minus: Jared VanWormer (+13), Mark Cooper (+12), Jordan Ernst (+5)
Goals Against Average: Mason McDonald (2.15), Nick Schneider (2.72), Ben Halford (3.00)
Save Percentage: Mason McDonald (.918), Ben Halford (.912), Nick Schneider (.907)
Wins: Mason McDonald (5), Nick Schneider (2), Ben Halford (1)
That Was Fast: Mark Cooper set an ECHL record during Saturday's game at Allen with his empty-netter to seal the victory and week-long sweep of the Americans. Cooper's goal, his second of the game, came just two seconds after Allen struck to make the score 4-3 - the shortest amount of time between two goals in the ECHL's 30-year history.
We're Going Streaking: The Mavericks have won six consecutive games, dating back to an Oct. 26 setback against Tulsa. Within that span, Kansas City has outscored opponents 28-14 en route to taking over first place in the Mountain Division.
Super Cooper: Mark Cooper's stellar season continues as he enters Tuesday's game against Tulsa on a six-game scoring streak, having totaled 11 points (4g,7a) in that span. Over the weekend, Cooper added four points on two goals and two assists. He had a hand in each goal against Wichita in the teams' only meeting earlier in the year, including the game-winning goal in overtime and an assist on David Dziurzynski's regulation strike.
A Historic Start: At 8-1-1-0 through 10 games, the Mavericks are off to their best-ever start in the ECHL era and second-best in franchise history. The lone season that started with more heat than this one was the 2013-14 Governor's Cup-winning squad of the Central Hockey League, a season that started 9-1 and that finished with 90 points in a 66-game schedule.
Perfect at Home: The Mavericks come into Tuesday's game against Wichita with a perfect 5-0 record on home ice. Kansas City is joined by only Toledo in home-ice perfection, but the Walleye have played two fewer games in their home barn.
This Week's Promos
Tuesday - Kids Day Game - Limited Tickets Remaining
Tuesday's game against Wichita is the annual Kids Day Game, where the Mavericks will welcome school children from across the metropolitan area. A limited number of single-game seats, including The Corral, remain.
Tuesday - Dinner On Ice - Boys & Girls Clubs Benefit
The Mavericks are proud to support the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City with the annual Dinner On Ice at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena, a program that is coming off a record year with $125,000 raised for the clubs last season. Mavericks players serve dinners to donors at the event that is a night of entertainment for all involved.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2018
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Win First Shootout of Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- More Seats Released for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- McFarland Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Grab 2 More W's - Toledo Walleye
- Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- 3-D Jerseys Featured on ESPN, NBC Sports, with More to Come - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 12th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Host Orlando Before Flying North for Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- NHLer Mashinter Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Week 5: Komets Collect Four Points from Rapid City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Trade Mark Cooper's Rights to South Carolina for Rights to Forward Kozun and D-Man McKernan
- Mavericks Re-Sign Brothers Darian and David Dziurzynski
- Mavericks Release 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Mavericks Sign Free Agent Forward Jack Walker
- Mavericks Sign Rookie Forward Ryan Galt