Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers
ESTERO, Fla. - The Florida Everblades announced that the Carolina Hurricanes have recalled forward Steven Lorentz to the American Hockey League's Charlotte Checkers.
Lorentz, 22, is the first Everblades player to be recalled to the Everblades' AHL affiliate this season and appeared in three games for the Checkers last season in his rookie year of professional hockey.
A native of Waterloo, Ontario, Lorentz has appeared in all 10 of Florida's games this season and leads the team in scoring with 11 points. He established a new career-high with five points (1g, 4a) in a 6-1 win over the Norfolk Admirals on Oct. 20. That performance is tied for an individual game-high for an ECHL player this season. Lorentz had four points this past weekend against Jacksonville, posting two goals and two assists in the pair of wins.
As a rookie in 2017-18, Lorentz compiled 35 points (12g, 23a) in 62 games for the Everblades. He then added 10 points in 19 games in the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs.
Prior to turning professional last season, Lorentz played four seasons with the Peterborough Petes of the Ontario Hockey League from 2013-17. He played in 247 career games in the OHL and registered 164 career points (75g, 89a).
Lorentz was selected by the Hurricanes in the seventh round, 186th overall in the 2015 NHL Draft.
The Everblades start a season-long seven-game road trip with four games in five days this week. The road swing begins with a matchup in Jacksonville on Wednesday night at 7 p.m.
Single-game tickets for all regular season games are on sale now!
Ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now! Become part of the Everblades Family with a Full Season, Partial Season or a Flexible Voucher Package that fits your schedule and budget! All Ticket & Voucher Packages provide savings and special benefits! Ask about the payment plan options too!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2018-19 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford's Garage and an Everblades T-Shirt!
Private Arena Tours are also available to select your 2018-19 season seats! Call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2018
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Win First Shootout of Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- More Seats Released for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- McFarland Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Grab 2 More W's - Toledo Walleye
- Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- 3-D Jerseys Featured on ESPN, NBC Sports, with More to Come - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 12th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Host Orlando Before Flying North for Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- NHLer Mashinter Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Week 5: Komets Collect Four Points from Rapid City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- First Place Battle on Tap for Friday Night
- Everblades Add Forwards Koper, Craggs to Roster
- 'Blades Weekly: Battle for First Place Set for this Weekend
- Killer Cam: Johnson's Shutout Leads 'Blades to Fourth Straight Win
- Two for Tonge: 'Blades Top Gladiators for Third Straight Win