Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday
West Valley City, Utah - The Utah Grizzlies are tied for the lead in the Mountain Division and come back from a 5 game road trip to start a 6 game homestand with games this Wednesday, Friday and Saturday against the Indy Fuel (Nov 14, 16 and 17).
Utah has a 7-0-3 record against Mountain Division opponents, picking up standings points in each game.
The Grizzlies finished the road trip with a 3 game sweep at Wichita, winning by scores of 4-3 in OT, 5-4 and 6-3. Utah went 3-1-1 on the road trip, and has standings points in 10 of their 11 games on the year.
Jake Marchment had a great road trip for Utah, scoring 4 goals and 3 assists for Utah. Marchment makes his 2018-19 home debut on Wednesday.
Cole Ully and Matt Berry each had 2 goals on Friday's 6-3 win over Wichita. Ully is among league leaders with 15 points on the year (5 goals, 10 assists).
Utah got off to an early 3-0 start in the first period on Friday. The Grizzlies lead 16-9 in the first period of play this season, outshooting opponents 127-82.
Kevin Davis leads all ECHL defenseman with 14 points on the year (1 goal, 13 assists). 6 of his assists have come on the power play. Davis had 2 assists in each of his last 2 games.
Utah continues to dominate on the power play/penalty kill department. The Grizzlies have the numbe r 1 power play at 30.2 percent. They are also tied for 2nd on the penalty kill at 88.1 percent.
Austin Carroll and Tim McGauley each had good road trips. Carroll had 4 goals and 1 assist on the trip. McGauley had 2 goals and 2 assists for Utah. Ryan Walters had 4 assists in 3 games in Wichita last week.
Caleb Herbert continues to lead the league in goals scored with 11. Herbert was assigned to the Colorado Eagles of the AHL along with Travis Barron after last Wednesday's game. Herbert had scored a goal in 10 of his 11 games. Barron had 3 assists in 6 games for Utah.
Utah is home for the next 6 games, November 14th, 16th and 17th against the Indy Fuel and November 21st, 23rd and 24th against the Allen Americans. Get your tickets now at utahgrizzlies.com, calling the Grizzlies at (801) 988-8000 or going to any Smith's Tix location.
Promotions Next Homestand
November 14 vs Indy - Wendy's Wednesday (Tickets starting at $10 with voucher from Wendy's).
November 16 vs Indy - Pooch on the Pond (Bring your dog to the game), AFCU Friday (Tickets starting at $8 for AFCU Members paying with AFCU Debit/Credit Card).
November 17 vs Indy - Angel's Hands Night (Specialty Jersey), Coat Drive Presented by Ford.
November 21 vs Allen - Wendy's Wednesday.
November 23 vs Allen - AFCU Friday, Black Friday Blackout.
November 24 vs Allen - 6 tickets starting at $48, additional tickets $8. Food Drive (Bring canned goods to donate).
This Week's Games
November 14 vs Indy Fuel. 7:00 pm. ESPN 700/ECHL.TV.
November 16 vs Indy Fuel. 7:00 pm. Classic Country 1370 AM/104.3 HD-2/ECHL.TV.
November 17 vs Indy Fuel. 7:00 pm. ESPN 700/ECHL.TV.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2018
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Win First Shootout of Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Acquire Breton from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- More Seats Released for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- McFarland Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Grab 2 More W's - Toledo Walleye
- Lorentz Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- 3-D Jerseys Featured on ESPN, NBC Sports, with More to Come - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 12th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Host Orlando Before Flying North for Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators Sign Forward Freschi, Bonar Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- NHLer Mashinter Joins Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Week 5: Komets Collect Four Points from Rapid City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Wings Hitting the Road to Toledo and Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Utah Grizzlies Begin 6 Game Homestand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 12 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Earn a Point in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Allen Americans