Windsor shuts door on Swamp Rabbits in 3-0 win
GREENVILLE, S.C. - Tyler Bird broke a 0-0 tie in the second period with his 11th of the season and the eventual game-winner, and Clint Windsor finished the night with a 23-save shutout as the Orlando Solar Bears (24-17-3-1) opened their season-high nine-game road trip with a 3-0 win over the Greenville Swamp Rabbits (20-14-9-3) on Saturday night at Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
Windsor's shutout marked his second of the season, and the sixth of his career, tying him with Garret Sparks for the most shutouts in club history.
Shots: ORL 16, GVL 7
Orlando goal: Tyler Bird (11) at 1:04. Assisted by Kyle Topping and J.J. Piccinich.
Orlando goal: Nolan Valleau (4) [PP] at 11:26. Assisted by Kyle Topping and Aaron Luchuk.
Shots: ORL 17, GVL 10
Orlando goal: Matthew Spencer (2) [SH-EN] at 18:17.
Shots: ORL 9, GVL 6
ORL: Clint Windsor, 23-for-23
GVL: Ryan Bednard, 39-for-41
1) Clint Windsor - ORL
2) Ryan Bednard - GVL
3) Tyler Bird - ORL
Orlando is 6-1-0-0 against Greenville this season; the win moves Orlando past Greenville into third place in the Eastern Conference
The Solar Bears are 24-3-1-0 when scoring three or more goals
Aaron Luchuk assisted on Valleau's goal, extending his point streak to five games (3g-4a)
Kyle Topping's two assists extended his point streak to three games (1g-3a)
Bird scored for the second straight game for Orlando
The Solar Bears went 1-for-3 with the man advantage and 4-for-4 on the penalty kill; Orlando has recorded a power-play goal in each of its last four games, the longest stretch this season
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears continue their road trip tomorrow when they face the Greenville Swamp Rabbits on Sunday, April 11 at Bon Secours Wellness Arena at 3:05 p.m. The Solar Bears return home to host Orlando Magic Night, presented by Amway, against the South Carolina Stingrays at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center on Friday, April 30 at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 10, 2021
- Buitenhuis Shuts Down Grizzlies - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Fall 5-3 at Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wichita Blanks Utah 1-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Greenville Blanked by Solar Bears 3-0 on Saturday Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Six Goals Lift Indy over Fort Wayne - Indy Fuel
- Girduckis Nets Hat Trick to Lead Icemen Past First Place Florida - Jacksonville IceMen
- Windsor shuts door on Swamp Rabbits in 3-0 win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Everblades Frozen by Icemen - Florida Everblades
- Nailers & Stingrays Postponed After One Period - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - April 10 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs. Solar Bears, 7:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Matthew Barnaby Signs with Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nikita Pavlychev Returns to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Bounce Back Opportunity for Blades - Florida Everblades
- Game Day Preview: Americans Host KC, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Wichita, April 10, 2021 - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Nailers, April 10 at 7:10 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Beat KC 4-3 - Allen Americans
- Third Period Pushes Thunder Past Grizzlies - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Late Spencer goal lifts Solar Bears to 3-2 win over Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears pick up point in 3-2 OT loss to Swamp Rabbits
- United Alliance Global Solutions, Inc. Selected as Winner of Veteran-Owned Small Business Spotlight
- Aaron Luchuk Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Player of the Month for April
- Kyle Topping Recalled to San Jose Barracuda