Nailers & Stingrays Postponed After One Period
WHEELING, WV- Saturday night's game between the Wheeling Nailers and South Carolina Stingrays has been postponed due to unplayable ice conditions. The teams were able to play the first period, with South Carolina holding a 2-1 lead. The two teams will play Sunday's game in full, beginning at 4:10. They will then resume Saturday's game on Monday at 1:00, starting at the beginning of the second period. Fans with tickets for Saturday's game can get a refund or exchange them for a future game by calling the Nailers office at (304) 234-GOAL.
Here is a recap of Saturday's first period:
South Carolina scored a couple of early goals, before the Nailers trimmed the deficit in the latter portion of the frame. The first strike by the visitors came one second after a power play finished, as Macoy Erkamps swung the puck off the right corner boards to Andrew Cherniwchan, who jammed in a one-timer from the top of the crease. The Stingrays struck again 2:30 later off of a turnover, as Mark Cooper and Dan DeSalvo made some very quick passes to setup Cole Ully for a one-timer from the bottom of the right circle. Wheeling finished the stanza with 14 of the final 16 shots, which included its first tally of the evening. Kyle Marino shuffled a pass into the middle of the ice for Jacob Pritchard, who wired a wrist shot into the left side of the twine.
Images from this story
Wheeling Nailers battle the South Carolina Stingrays
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 10, 2021
- Buitenhuis Shuts Down Grizzlies - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Fall 5-3 at Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wichita Blanks Utah 1-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Greenville Blanked by Solar Bears 3-0 on Saturday Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Six Goals Lift Indy over Fort Wayne - Indy Fuel
- Girduckis Nets Hat Trick to Lead Icemen Past First Place Florida - Jacksonville IceMen
- Windsor shuts door on Swamp Rabbits in 3-0 win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Everblades Frozen by Icemen - Florida Everblades
- Nailers & Stingrays Postponed After One Period - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - April 10 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs. Solar Bears, 7:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Matthew Barnaby Signs with Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nikita Pavlychev Returns to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Bounce Back Opportunity for Blades - Florida Everblades
- Game Day Preview: Americans Host KC, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Wichita, April 10, 2021 - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Nailers, April 10 at 7:10 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Beat KC 4-3 - Allen Americans
- Third Period Pushes Thunder Past Grizzlies - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.